Stickiest tyres for stock wheels

This was me on my old 888 a few years a go, unfortunately those leathers don’t fit anymore.
e50b492e50be9f0d5947fedc29571010.jpg

No disrespect to Stick but a tire with horizontal cuts in the middle like the front of the PR5 won't be good on the track because it will get hot and squirm on the brakes...even the new Power RS did not feel good and got greasy on the rear on a few sure not very powerful R1200S...the LC has more weight,power and torque but a good TC system...;)
You need 17 inch wheels to put tires on that will be suitable for a trackday if you ride fast !
Otherwise I would run CRA3 or PST2 or maybe the Roadsmart3 a friend of mine who goes fast likes on his 18-ADV...but the Michelin is more of a rain tire that might let go when you least expect it.

GB. nice picture !
You run a lot up lean angle like Mike Hailwood riding style straight up with the bike...with the boxer you better hang off a lot otherwise the tits will get in the way...;)

Take your choice for any of the below listed pure road sports touring tyres which will all outperform pure sports tyres from 10 years ago :

Dunlop Roadsmart 3
Avon Spirit ST
Michelin Road 5
Continental Road Attack 3
Metzeler Roadtec 01

Take your choice for any of the below listed pure road sports touring tyres which will all outperform pure sports tyres from 10 years ago :

Dunlop Roadsmart 3
Avon Spirit ST
Michelin Road 5
Continental Road Attack 3
Metzeler Roadtec 01

A shame Pirelli isn't on the list, my STRs have been awesome on the road but I fear the big block will over heat on the track.

The Scorpion Trail 2 from Pirelli are a very good tire too and come stock on the 1260MS...A full on street tire with a little more adventurous tread design than the Diablos or Angel GTs...very sicky and quick steering.
The Roadtec 01 has the same prolem as the Michelin with the siped front which feels it moves more hard on the brakes...excellent in the rain though !

I did my first track day on a Tiger 955 with Anakee 2s on it... I lived. I did not shit myself. Well only a little.

Road tires are good for the first years...I talk about later if you graduate to the fast group...then pure road tires especially the ones made for colder temperatures and rain with lots of silica can get too hot and let go without prior warning...:( All fun and games until this happens...;)

Road tires are good for the first years...I talk about later if you graduate to the fast group...then pure road tires especially the ones made for colder temperatures and rain with lots of silica can get too hot and let go without prior warning...:( All fun and games until this happens...;)

That is my fear.

Guys please, after nearly 10 years on BMW’s and 5 GS’s I’m starting to feel welcome here.

R5s do not have sipes on the sides where you will spend your time on a track, a friend on a superduke GT reckons they feel like a sports tyre when cranked right over.

Cadwell brings back some good memories. It was where I popped my cherrie. Then there was this day I was following a guy dressed in full Fiat Yamaha kit with VR46 logo and R1 to match. It was surreal following Rossi :D

I remember seeing this guy at Oulton Park, I remember thinking "Wow I thought Rossi would be faster than that"

Back
Top Bottom