Clearing TPS caution from 2015 1200 GSA

stevepj

Reaction score
Greetings all

I used to have two sets of wheels and tyres for my 2015 GSA, the original spoked wheels and knobbly tyres for green-laning, and a set of cast wheels and road tyres for tarmac. Since you couldn't code two sets of tyre pressure sensors to one bike, I didn't bother with TPS on the cast wheels (thought I'm more likely to lose pressure "off-road") and just accepted the yellow warning light telling me the pressure was low when I was using the cast wheels.

Decided last year to stick to the black stuff so sold the spoked set, and would like not to have the warning light on all the time. Just had a service and asked the dealer to reset the bike warning system so it didn't look for TPS - only to be told it's not possible without the original factory-fitted set. They say they tried, and got stuck as the system looked for the missing TPS sensors and won't go any further.

Anyone know a way round this (short of adding dealer-fitted TPS at £400?)

Might the 911 hex code thingy be more capable than whatever the BMW dealer has?

Thanks for help.

Steve

I don't get it.
The dealer certainly should be able to help you. This is no more complicated than if you had to replace a failed sensor in the OEM wheels.

That said, the GS-911 should be able to help you as well.

I have the ISTA+ dealer software at home and I'm sure you can do it. They should be able to remove the option in the ECU and encode it

GS911 cannot do this

I don't get it.
The dealer certainly should be able to help you. This is no more complicated than if you had to replace a failed sensor in the OEM wheels.

That said, the GS-911 should be able to help you as well.

Allow me to correct my self.
I did not catch that there where no sensors installed in the cast wheels.
@fredaroony is absolutely correct.

But instead of disconnecting the system, may I suggest installing two sensors in the cast wheel? The sensors are not that expensive, and frankly, I think TPMS is a nice safety feature.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'd assumed getting rid of the warning light was straightforward but the dealer couldn't (wouldn't?) help.

I probably will re-instate the TPS but will wait 'til I need to change the tyres to fit the sensors - thanks smog bob for that eBay link.

S

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'd assumed getting rid of the warning light was straightforward but the dealer couldn't (wouldn't?) help.

I probably will re-instate the TPS but will wait 'til I need to change the tyres to fit the sensors - thanks smog bob for that eBay link.

S

;) welcome

Back
Top Bottom