Denali can smart v’s the hex ezcan

sparkieboy29

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all just wondering what the best device out of the two ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Denali device with Denali 2.0 lights replacing the stock fog lights and it works great for almost a year now all operated with the wonder wheel and turn signal switch...having said that it probably quits working next ride out...;)

I may be wrong here, but unless my memory is all wrong, the Hex EZ can and Denali ar both made by the same company. The difference is that while most LED auxlights go full blast if connected to +12V, and in order to dim you switch the supply line, the Denalis are made for dimming with an external dimmer and thus have a 3 wire setup, where the +12V stays connected and the dimming signal is sent to wire #3.

To sum it up:

Basically the same box, except that the Denali box is adapted to dim Denali lights.

If you use Denali lights, go for the Denali box, if not, go for the EZcan box.

my 2c

Denali cansmart new features

Features:

True Plug & Play installation
Offers custom control of your electrical accessories
4 dedicated circuits pre-programmed to control two sets of auxiliary lights, an auxiliary horn, & an auxiliary brake light
Each circuit is electronically fused and preconfigured to use right out of the box
New firmware allows full dimming control of two-wire circuits, including any brand of driving light
Features dozens of customizable settings that can be controlled with the factory BMW “WunderWheel“ or CANsmart Accessory Manager Software
Two light circuits allow independent adjustment of high & low beam brightness with the WunderWheel
Flash to pass & strobe when horn active can strobe your auxiliary lights when you pulse the high beam or sound your horn
Compatible with the Denali B6 Auxiliary Brake Light for integrated running light, multiple flash pattern, deceleration & activated braking functionality
Permits use of auxiliary horn like the Denali SoundBomb without having to add a relay or dedicated horn wiring harness

The Hex Ez Can has all the same options as the Danali the only difference are the plugs and sockets are supplied on the Danali unit will not require solder joints

The advantage with the Hex being cheaper and always receives updates and new features before the Danali unit

The Hex Ez Can has all the same options as the Danali the only difference are the plugs and sockets are supplied on the Danali unit will not require solder joints

The advantage with the Hex being cheaper and always receives updates and new features before the Danali unit

+1 and that is that

If the need is control of lights and/horn only, and 4 outputs will do, the the above mentioned products are all you need.

If you want additional features, such as powering heated gear or a garage door opener then may I suggest to take a look at CAN switch as well.

It's been debated in this forum before. http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/471785-HEXEZCAN-or-CANSWITCH

Not so easy to set up, but way more versatile.

Back
Top Bottom