Top Dead Centre Tool - 2017 R1200GS Adventure

There was a thread over on Ad Riders about this very tool a few months ago. If I remember correctly it gave the price and where it was purchased.

Yes but in the old days mechanics didn't charge £90+vat per hour and hand your bike back half completed.

So I'd rather take my own time fucking it up. At least I know its fucked up properly.

Can your friend still get hold of one? I'd be happy to arrange payment and postage etc?

Actually I am going to my dealer to day to look for some new boots.

I'll ask for the updated price on it and let you know if it is still available.

Get back to you tonight...

Actually I am going to my dealer to day to look for some new boots.

I'll ask for the updated price on it and let you know if it is still available.

Get back to you tonight...

Thanks mate,

Cheers

Hope theses are what you are looking for.

Max BMW

Your current Shopping Cart Items:
Part Number Description
83302339885 SLEEVE
83300444292 TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER ASSEM
83302327790 ALIGNMENT PIN
83302327796 ALIGNMENT JIG

You do not need to lock an engine at TDC - that is just convenience.

I have done this many times in the past, setting valves that are much more critical than on a GS.

You will have more error in your judgement of the resistance on the feeler gauges than the error on the TDC

Thanks, but I don't know how that's going to help me really as they refer to part numbers from companies in America.

No point ordering parts from them with import duty.

Need a UK Supplier or direct from Germany

Thanks, but I don't know how that's going to help me really as they refer to part numbers from companies in America.

No point ordering parts from them with import duty.

Need a UK Supplier or direct from Germany

Do you want me to ask my dealer in Freiburg, I have to pick up a second plastic spare key from them next week.

Do you want me to ask my dealer in Freiburg, I have to pick up a second plastic spare key from them next week.

Yes please, if you don't mind.

Need an idea of availability and costs / shipping for R1200GS Adventure 2017 model.

- SLEEVE (whatever that is)
- TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER ASSEMBLY (the kit)
- ALIGNMENT PIN (for TDC lockout)
- ALIGNMENT JIG (for setting up timing chains)

Thanks Bob

Yes please, if you don't mind.

Need an idea of availability and costs / shipping for R1200GS Adventure 2017 model.

- SLEEVE (whatever that is)
- TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER ASSEMBLY (the kit)
- ALIGNMENT PIN (for TDC lockout)
- ALIGNMENT JIG (for setting up timing chains)

Thanks Bob

Will send email now

Yes but in the old days mechanics didn't charge £90+vat per hour and hand your bike back half completed.

So I'd rather take my own time fucking it up. At least I know its fucked up properly.

:thumby::thumby:

Cant beat that feeling of all going ok untill the last turn of the screw or nip of the spanner ;)

Then the feeling of a right royal fuck up takes over

;) Just beacuse they charge xx per hour are you actually getting xx per hour?? they might have the 50p apprentice on it?? ;)

Yeah, exactly. Like twice mechanics took my sports car out for a test drive. FOR 30 minutes and returned 7 mpg on my reset onboard computer.

Toe rags... don't trust any of them :(

Or my Honda VFR1200 that came back with completely the wrong spec tyre on the rear, and body panel fixings missing and broke.

Or my brand new Kawasaki ZZR1400 delivered with no PDI and loose exhaust.

Or my Triumph 675R delivered with strap down dents in the front panels from brand new.

I could go on..... but I won't :(

PM Replied,

Thank you Bob :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks mate,

Cheers

Just got back from the dealer, and price for the tool is NOK 535, or, at current rate, £49,61.

The old part-number, 11 0 822 is no longer in use. The new part- number in the BMW system is: 83 30 2 327 790.

My dealer suggested it would take hime a week or two to get it.

So... Just let me know if you want it.

Cheers.

Part numbers and prices for anybody that needs them, direct from the main BMW dealer in Freiburg

83302339885 SLEEVE 8,10Euro
> 83300444292 TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER ASSEM 98,32Euro
> 83302327790 ALIGNMENT PIN 65,55Euro
> 83302327796 ALIGNMENT JIG 30,36Euro

Just got back from the dealer, and price for the tool is NOK 535, or, at current rate, £49,61.

The old part-number, 11 0 822 is no longer in use. The new part- number in the BMW system is: 83 30 2 327 790.

My dealer suggested it would take hime a week or two to get it.

So... Just let me know if you want it.

Cheers.

Thank you, I've ordered the 4 toolset through Smogbob now. But thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Quite looking forward to using these tools, having read over 80 pages on Adv Forum. It appears a lot of bikes from factory have timing out.

Back
Top Bottom