Top Dead Centre Tool - 2017 R1200GS Adventure

Well I have just heard also if you report and get it logged that your bike has a ticking noise coming from the engine, even if it is out of warranty later and you have quite a few thousand miles or KM they replace the cams, not bad if you have a lot of miles me thinks.

I've ordered a set of KTM 8.9mm diameter valve shims (64 in total) for £59

Seems that BMW use same go faster shims as KTM :D

Although I've heard BMW charge up to £10 for a single shim??

Useful for me and my BMW mates, who'll be sniffing around before long :D

I've ordered a set of KTM 8.9mm diameter valve shims (64 in total) for £59

Seems that BMW use same go faster shims as KTM :D

Although I've heard BMW charge up to £10 for a single shim??

Useful for me and my BMW mates, who'll be sniffing around before long :D

Time to rent out the tools, must be worth a few beers..........:D

Time to rent out the tools, must be worth a few beers..........:D

Yeah my mates are always welcome around to my place. Already have a mini workshop going on :D

Three already have GSA's, another GS possibly on the way, and a new RT on the way :)

Also, if I get my plans right.... when I come to sell the tools, I should get near enough my money back.

So all in all, it may actually not cost a lot? Maybe?

Part numbers and prices for anybody that needs them, direct from the main BMW dealer in Freiburg

83302339885 SLEEVE 8,10Euro
> 83300444292 TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER ASSEM 98,32Euro
> 83302327790 ALIGNMENT PIN 65,55Euro
> 83302327796 ALIGNMENT JIG 30,36Euro

Just for forum info the top three part numbers are not available until November, I would imagine this is everywhere, as BMW Freiburg deals directly with the mothership.

Yay, my BMW Tool 83302327790 - Alignment Pin arrived today from Lithuania. Nobody else had them as they are listed as 'no longer available' :blast

So now I can at least be sure of accurate TDC when checking valve clearances :) ... and moving forward on cam chain timing..

Frickin like Gold Dust these tools :nenau

Attachments

• BMW 83302327790 Alignment Pin.jpg
    BMW 83302327790 Alignment Pin.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 2,459
Just got back from the dealer, and price for the tool is NOK 535, or, at current rate, £49,61.

The old part-number, 11 0 822 is no longer in use. The new part- number in the BMW system is: 83 30 2 327 790.

My dealer suggested it would take hime a week or two to get it.

So... Just let me know if you want it.

Cheers.

Hi knutk,

I'm struggling to find my last tool part. I now have 3 of 4 parts.

BMW Tool 83 30 0 444 292 - Timing Chain Tensioner Assembly Kit

If you don't mind, could you see if it's available and could you get this for me?

Cheers

Steve

Ooo.. thats a nice tool Sir.. how much was it... £50??.. looks very nice for that amount :)

Ooo.. thats a nice tool Sir.. how much was it... £50??.. looks very nice for that amount :)

Yeah, this is BMW don't forget. So try £65 and you'll be on target :D

But may as well have been priceless.... as you can't get them !!

even at £65 its not bad.. looks quality and you can retract the pins out of the way for turning over..
was going to make my own so won't be quite a nice as this (just 2 screw in plugs), but will cost me about the same by the time I've worked out labour etc..

I have received two of the four parts required. Number 3 will be here in week 2 but BMW Germany still have no idea when the tdc tool will be available

I have received two of the four parts required. Number 3 will be here in week 2 but BMW Germany still have no idea when the tdc tool will be available

Which tools do you have now?

83302339885 SLEEVE - I've got this part
83302327790 ALIGNMENT PIN - I've got this part
83302327796 ALIGNMENT JIG - I've got this part
83300444292 TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER ASSEMBLY (not got this part as no stock anywhere, and no ETA)

I think it’s the 292 that is week 2 and the 790 is the unknown. It might just possibly be tother way around.

Makes me wonder how BMW Dealers get on if they lose or break one of these tools !!

I think it’s the 292 that is week 2 and the 790 is the unknown. It might just possibly be tother way around.

My BMW dealer have been after the 292 over in Germany for 6 months, I honestly think they are not selling it to force you to go in for their service, it makes sense Martin.

My BMW dealer have been after the 292 over in Germany for 6 months, I honestly think they are not selling it to force you to go in for their service, it makes sense Martin.

But 292 is only important for Cam chain tension for cam alignment... not so much for the more popular (and frequent) service valve clearance checking...

If anything, the alignment jig is just as important.

Bonus then........;)

Yeah exactly, was very lucky to get the TDC Alignment Pin, as that's the one needed for valve clearance checking in the main.

It can still be done without, but it becomes more of an 'art' rather than being a no-brainer

Back
Top Bottom