Top Dead Centre Tool - 2017 R1200GS Adventure

Yeah exactly, was very lucky to get the TDC Alignment Pin, as that's the one needed for valve clearance checking in the main.

It can still be done without, but it becomes more of an 'art' rather than being a no-brainer

Much prefer the no brainer, was never good at art.............;)

But 292 is only important for Cam chain tension for cam alignment... not so much for the more popular (and frequent) service valve clearance checking...

If anything, the alignment jig is just as important.
Unfortunately this is what I want to be able to do :rolleyes:

Hi knutk,

I'm struggling to find my last tool part. I now have 3 of 4 parts.

BMW Tool 83 30 0 444 292 - Timing Chain Tensioner Assembly Kit

If you don't mind, could you see if it's available and could you get this for me?

Cheers

Steve

I'll check on it and get back to you.
The dealer is closing down for the holiday now, so it will be after jan 3.

I'll check on it and get back to you.
The dealer is closing down for the holiday now, so it will be after jan 3.

Ok great, thank you :)

Ok great, thank you :)

Took a trip to the dealer for some paperwork, and check the price for the missing tool.

Price is NOK 1470 ~~ £142. Expected delivery time: 2 weeks.

Do you want me to get one?

Knut K

Took a trip to the dealer for some paperwork, and check the price for the missing tool.

Knut K

Knut if they are getting it from Germany, we had the 2 week delivery answer 6 months ago, would be amazing if they do get it.....;)

Knut K

Can you give me your email address please as I cant send you Private Messages?

Need a way to communicate other than on here :)

Can you give me your email address please as I cant send you Private Messages?

Need a way to communicate other than on here :)

Edit: Email address removed.

Replace the (at) with @ and remove any space character.

Knut K

Knut if they are getting it from Germany, we had the 2 week delivery answer 6 months ago, would be amazing if they do get it.....;)

Well, I didn't ask, but they usually get the tools from Germany. There is a central parts storage for Scandinavia from where most parts are delivered, but I don't think this includes workshop tools.

Well, I didn't ask, but they usually get the tools from Germany. There is a central parts storage for Scandinavia from where most parts are delivered, but I don't think this includes workshop tools.

You might want to ask them if it is actually available, parts that are not in stock always give a few week delay, even if they do not have them made.

e-mail reply from 2 suppliers thus far. Timing Chain 83 30 0 444 292 has been on back order for quite some time, would appear there is a high demand or short supply .............

e-mail reply from 2 suppliers thus far. Item has been on back order for quite some time, would appear there is a high demand or short supply .............

Indeed. It's because everyone with an R1200 want's to do their own servicing now haha.

BMW are wondering why they're selling 100x more tools than their dealer network requirements :D ... when nobody's turning up for Cam Chain and Valve checks :D

Bloody tinkerers the lot of you :D

Yyyyyyyyyyup!

Because I'm a complete TART.... I bought a nice watertight case to put my BMW Jewellery in.... :D

- 83302327790 - Alignment Pin
- 83302327796 - Alignment Jig
- 83302339885 - Timing Chain Tensioner Assembly Kit Sleeve
- OBDLink MX - Bluetooth Device
- Draper Feeler Gauges
- Coilpack Removal Tool

I'm just now waiting for that elusive 83300444292 - Timing Chain Tensioner Assembly Kit to finish it off.... then I'll add my crowsfoot spanner.

:hippy

Attachments

• Box 1.jpg
    Box 1.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,147
  • Box 2.jpg
    Box 2.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 1,499
  • Box 3.jpg
    Box 3.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 1,267
Dont forget your oil filter removal tool...

where did you get the case from?:D

Oh, I've got all that, but it's too bulky to ruin my jewellery box :D

Attachments

• Box 4.jpg
    Box 4.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 980

Back
Top Bottom