How hot does a 1290 Adventure get?

Ok a bit of research around the forums and road tests would indicate that some people have problems with too much heat and some don’t - so I am none the wiser - will have to try to test ride one when we have our next heat wave!

I've had the heat issues for sure. I put most of it down to the adrenal gland overclocking caused by the 1290.

For me, the fix (so far) has been:

Wrap the rear header.
PP carbon side panels.
Wings under seat insulation and carbon panels kit.
Revit cool vest (brilliant).

It's possible some guys on here are fat, so have their own insulation protecting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear on the grapevine that it generates unbearable amounts of heat in 30C plus temperatures - anyone have experience of this? - it’s on my possible GS alternative list in the future, but have been warned that they produce ridiculous amounts of heat in Southern European summers, to the point they become almost unrideable?

It's no worse than any other to be honest. I was in the Sierra Nevada in July this year, temps were up to 44 degrees. It was hot, the bike was hot, but no worse than my mates GS, and I didn't notice any difference to when I rode my GS across Spain a year or so ago. Apart from the GS blew its alternator and had to be shipped back to Blighty :blast

My 1290 SAS is far better than my 1190 was - not been a problem when used 35 degree heat ;)

My 1090 is a bit better than my 1190 (which as the insulated header) I think the 1290 is as good or better than my 1190 (but only based on shortish test ride) I would still fit the insulated SA Header if buying a 1290 as I already have one to swop over.

If it is a concern I am sure most dealers would throw you a £90 pipe to keep a £14k deal alive.

I borrowed my mates WC GS and suffered with hot feet.

My 1290 doesn’t seem as bad as my 1190. I removed the cat and put insulated rear header on that which cured it. Never felt the need on the 1290. My legs get warm in stationary traffic but it’s not unbearable

Take a panigale out before you try the KTM , now they get hot!!!!!!
Was an issue with the early 1190's , however have the back cylinder and exhaust under your arse is bound to generate some heat.
rode mine in very hot weather and my taters were not really any worse than the rest of me

There’s currently a 14 page thread in the LC section about how hot they get, so if I were the OP I wouldn’t worry too much. All bikes get warm. :comfort;)

I've had the heat issues for sure. I put most of it down to the adrenal gland overclocking caused by the 1290.

Wrap the rear header.
PP carbon side panels.
Revit cool vest (brilliant). /QUOTE]

So which one of the ones listed above worked best then?

Wrap the rear header.
PP carbon side panels.
Revit cool vest (brilliant). /QUOTE]

So which one of the ones listed above worked best then?

Best first:

Wings insulation and side panels.
Wrap the header.
PP side panels (on there own...not great and I fitted these as a first attempt).

The under seat insulation helps stop heat getting to the under side of the seat and migrating through it to yer butt.

Why would they produce any more heat in a 30C ambient compared with a 0C ambient?

:nenau

You obviously skipped Physics at school, but I assume you find it warmer in 30c summer days than -5c winter days? Same thing applies here;

http://www.efunda.com/formulae/heat_transfer/conduction/overview_cond.cfm

https://www.thoughtco.com/temperature-definition-in-science-2699014

See, same thing, your body generates heat, in 30c conditions not so much of this gets transferred to the surrounding air, so you feel very hot (and indeed your skin temp will be higher) when it is very cold a lot more of your body heat is whisked away into the surrounding air and you freeze your bollocks off.

Best first:

Wings insulation and side panels.
Wrap the header.
PP side panels (on there own...not great and I fitted these as a first attempt).

The under seat insulation helps stop heat getting to the under side of the seat and migrating through it to yer butt.

So total cost of all bits to make ride comfortable would be in excess of £200-£300 without PP comfort seat?

So total cost of all bits to make ride comfortable would be in excess of £200-£300 without PP comfort seat?

Yes, on the 3 days a year it normally gets that hot in the UK, and assuming you ride around it town stuck in traffic on those days.

The 1190 was much worse and I rarely found mine a problem except on tour when it was 30c plus AND I had to stop / go slow, on the open road it was never too bad.

Don’t know if Wings still do these....but they helped enormously. Saying that, it was only on really really hot days in heavy traffic that I noticed my thighs getting warm, but not like I needed to start crying or anything. :augie

Attachments

• 7CDED0A7-EE27-4E07-970D-63234D91C5AA.jpg
    7CDED0A7-EE27-4E07-970D-63234D91C5AA.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 103

Back
Top Bottom