Renewal time

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again when we do the multi-bike renewal merry go round. I am with IAM Surety/Cornmarket and have been for a few years but after yet another year of no claims they are trying to stiff me with a 23% increase for no good reason at all, they do this every year. I have told them to stuff it as I am not prepared to play the game of "well if you get another lower quote we will do our best to match it". Fuck em, they do this every year and my view is well if you can do it cheaper then give me your best quote in the first place instead of trying to scalp me every year, loyalty should be a two way street.

I have tried a few other quotes with the usual suspects and Bikesure have come up with the goods that is a whopping £150 cheaper. It is quite flexinble - each bike has a different excess and a different expected mileage and I can declare which bike I will take a pillion which is only the GSA anyway. I was on the phone with Bikesure for about an hour but obviously the reward for the effort is quite considerable. :thumb

Have a look at Hastings Direct, they were easy to deal with and the best deal by far and I was with the IAM and had the same issue.

I’ve just renewed via Bennetts again (insurer is Highways).

Fully comp with ALL the trimmings (and I do mean ALL the trimmings) for £232....came down by £3.37 vs last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's that time of year again when we do the multi-bike renewal merry go round. I am with IAM Surety/Cornmarket and have been for a few years but after yet another year of no claims they are trying to stiff me with a 23% increase for no good reason at all, they do this every year. I have told them to stuff it as I am not prepared to play the game of "well if you get another lower quote we will do our best to match it". Fuck em, they do this every year and my view is well if you can do it cheaper then give me your best quote in the first place instead of trying to scalp me every year, loyalty should be a two way street.

I have tried a few other quotes with the usual suspects and Bikesure have come up with the goods that is a whopping £150 cheaper. It is quite flexinble - each bike has a different excess and a different expected mileage and I can declare which bike I will take a pillion which is only the GSA anyway. I was on the phone with Bikesure for about an hour but obviously the reward for the effort is quite considerable. :thumb

It shouldn’t be that hard. Magnet recently had a renewal quote for here bike from IAM Surety which was, as usual, too high. We just did a search with MCN compare, saved the results and rang Surety. They just asked for the source of the quote and the reference, checked it, and shed over a ton off their renewal quote. Ten minutes work. Job done.

It shouldn’t be that hard. Magnet recently had a renewal quote for here bike from IAM Surety which was, as usual, too high. We just did a search with MCN compare, saved the results and rang Surety. They just asked for the source of the quote and the reference, checked it, and shed over a ton off their renewal quote. Ten minutes work. Job done.

I agree Harry, it is not difficult, but I am just pissed off with their attempt every year to scalp me instead of treating me as a valued and loyal customer - why should I have to do their work for them every year? they should always give me the best price they can offer without this annual merry-go-round. Their failure to be honest has resulted in them losing my custom.

I’ll be in the same boat soon. They tend to give you the same reasons for the increase each year but I’m not ‘avin it this year!

I agree Harry, it is not difficult, but I am just pissed off with their attempt every year to scalp me instead of treating me as a valued and loyal customer - why should I have to do their work for them every year? they should always give me the best price they can offer without this annual merry-go-round. Their failure to be honest has resulted in them losing my custom.

You’re right of course but with all due respect that’s old school thinking. Sadly all insurers play the same game in these cynical times. I take the path of minimising the effort and sticking with an insurer who will cough up in case of a claim. I find the Norn Irish folk who still deal with Cornmarket’s IAM stuff quite easy to deal with. ‘You pays your money etc.’ I suppose:D

Strangely enough just rejoined the IAM after 20 years :eek: to take advantage of the IAM/Cornhill insurance deal.

Found the cheapest comparable quote from Confused.com which came up with Hastings for both the KTM and the Scrambler (separate policies as need to have the wife as named rider on the latter) and then Cornhill beat both quotes by 10% and give better cover etc :beerjug:

Also found the chap on the phone from Cornhill a pleasure to deal with so very happy so far :D

Back
Top Bottom