Tank Bag /Seatadvivce for a Charrity ride!

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, on weekend of 11th of October, I and my mad friend GSJohn are going to do a Four corners Charity ride me on my wife's F700gs, him on his 1200 thing.

A bit of background, My wife is an amputee so couldn't test ride the bike she wanted to replace this with so we kept it just in case.
As she liked her new bike we flogged of the panniers and Sergeant seat in anticipation of selling the bike.
Turns out nobody wants a low F700gs so, as I have a 34 mile commute in the country, I've kept it as a winter hack.

This ride means visiting Lands End, St David's in Wales, Lowestoft and John O'Groats in 36 Hours a mere 1600 miles!
Its amazing what sounds like a really good idea after a few pints! Given I have knackered knees, high blood pressure, Level 2 Diabetes and am an old git maybe not the wisest thing to do but WTF.

I have a tail pack for my rations / clean undies but, as I need to complete a paper trail to prove I've done the ride, I'm looking for reasonable priced suggestions on tank bags to use for this.
Ideally one that can be unclipped and used on my other bike, (S1000XR, not that it matters) so I guess one of those that use a filler cap style fitting.
Anyone have any good / bad / indifferent feed back on solutions or one for sale?

Also, I have a low seat on the bike currently which unfortunately, as it name suggests, is low!
I have Shaun the Sheep's skin to put on it for some comfort, anyone used anything else that might lift a bit and add some comfort? Or failing that lend me a Corbin / Sergeant for a long weekend ?

Back
Top Bottom