My V7 Sport

Lovely Tricky, enjoy it. :beerjug:

(Oh and don’t sell this one to exchange it for some tasteless monstrosity) :D

Well thank you young sir. :D

It actually feels quite refreshing to be riding a bike without a TFT glaring at you. And to see a good old fashioned key sitting in the ignition. Although having no indicators does mean I have to remember to hand signal. :)

There’s only one hand signal you need :tosser

Don’t use it on taxi drivers using their mobile in the outside lane of the A1 because they can get a bit irate and then winding them up further by slowing to let them catch up and just as they go to overtake you open the bike up again doesn’t help. Turning off at Peterborough and then encouraging them to go fast through the average speed cameras is fun but eventually your wife hits you on the head and tells you to stop acting like a teenager and just lose the muppet before he rams you off the road :D

I did all this while taking my wife to collect her KTM 390 a couple of months ago and when we arrived at Gear 4 and the salesman asked how I was doing she told him I was regressing back to being a child :JB

There’s only one hand signal you need :tosser

Don’t use it on taxi drivers using their mobile in the outside lane of the A1 because they can get a bit irate and then winding them up further by slowing to let them catch up and just as they go to overtake you open the bike up again doesn’t help.....................................

I reckon that sort of shit deserves a thread all of it's own........... :D

I could then tell you the story of me having a punch up at a French M-Way toll, year before last, with a French driver and how he hurt his hand when he punched my helmet, and how his wife called the Police and how Amanda wouldn't speak to me for several days after and STILL has goes at me about it now.......... But I won't, I'll save that story for another thread :D

Andres

I'll be corrected i am sure but did the V7 sport not have a 4LS front brake? Has someone upgraded to discs at some point? Regardless of that, it's a belter! Health to enjoy! :beerjug:

It actually feels quite refreshing to be riding a bike without a TFT glaring at you. And to see a good old fashioned key sitting in the ignition. Although having no indicators does mean I have to remember to hand signal. :)

Exactly.....a bit more ‘pure’ motorcycling. None of all that overly complex nonsense telling you loads of shite you don’t need to know. Man and machine.....and all that load of cliched bollocks.

I'll be corrected i am sure but did the V7 sport not have a 4LS front brake? Has someone upgraded to discs at some point? Regardless of that, it's a belter! Health to enjoy! :beerjug:

According to the sales blurb it had a factory "disc brake" upgrade. ( I was stalking his buying process)

I reckon that sort of shit deserves a thread all of it's own........... :D

I could then tell you the story of me having a punch up at a French M-Way toll, year before last, with a French driver and how he hurt his hand when he punched my helmet, and how his wife called the Police and how Amanda wouldn't speak to me for several days after and STILL has goes at me about it now.......... But I won't, I'll save that story for another thread :D

Andres

Classic! I like it.

Andres made me buy my 1980 Guzzi!
He's a bad man!

According to the sales blurb it had a factory "disc brake" upgrade. ( I was stalking his buying process)

Stalking? On ukgser! Surely not! :augie Ta for the info / reassurance that senility is not yet total. :D

Twinkle is on the money as usual. :thumb2

Another of its characterful eccentricities is the reverse right sided gear change.

One up and four down. :rob

Absolutely.
Leave it as is..

Wot he said ^^^^^^^^

Tricky cant find 1973 rate of exchange but in Jan 75 it was 1550 making your bike a cool grand. Strong money for a bike in 1973.

Steve

If you like classic Guzzis you should keep tabs on a guy I stayed with in Canada - Nick Adams. He takes his classic Guzzis on epic back (gravel) road rides in Ontario and Quebec. He writes in Real Classic and other mags as well as self publishing some books about it all. "Beyond the coffee shop" and "The Road to Missanabe" are the best ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nick-Adams/e/B00TQ2GEVW/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

His youtube channel is worth a browse too. The one where he gets stuck on a gravel road for 3 days in the outback of quebec is good - well worth 10minutes of your life.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nick949eldo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5m0aR6udpI&frags=pl,wn

And Mikey - you would have a heart attack at the state of his bikes.

And Mikey - you would have a heart attack at the state of his bikes.
I love bikes with character,
Glynn popped in with his 170,000 mile g/s the other day,amazing bike,it’s one thing having an overlander that looks like shit,
Another entirely for a classic,it can have loads of “patina” without being dirty.
You don’t have to polish them to death but lifting the dirt out of the crankcases etc will prevent corrosion as the muck just holds moisture .
Each to there own

My OS has 108,000 miles now, is dented and scratched but I do keep it clean..... the indie that works on it always comments on how clean and well maintained it is....

Attachments

• 23E849C3-5A45-4712-BDC7-998ED0E10504.jpg
    23E849C3-5A45-4712-BDC7-998ED0E10504.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 342
My OS has 108,000 miles now, is dented and scratched but I do keep it clean..... the indie that works on it always comments on how clean and well maintained it is....

There ya go!
:agree:agree
Keep it clean ,it won’t end up like this

Attachments

• 883B143D-B028-4C11-8B24-31101AE830E3.jpg
    883B143D-B028-4C11-8B24-31101AE830E3.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 333

It looks better upside down. :aidan

Back
Top Bottom