Finally converted to the real deal

Andy1200gsa

Reaction score
Hi all, have a small confession, did say would never own a BMW, since I made that statement have had a K75 and now couple of days ago a 2015 GSA TE and loving it.
Traded my Aprilia Caponord Rally for the GS and finally have to admit that the GS is a better all rounder. Bought the Caponord as wanted to be different, 2plus years later a change required, after a couple of days have to admit the GS is superior in so many ways.
Gearshift Pro, not so sure yet, haven’t figured out whether I have perfected clutches changes or the bike is doing it for me. Tyre noise takes getting used to, but overall am super impressed.
Live in Medway Kent use the A2 regularly if anyone sees a grinning chap!
Rode boxers for years at work, disliked them hugely, but age and experience finally kicked in and converted to the Master.
Greetings

Welcome. I said that I would never own a BMW. No point fighting it. They are brilliant. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rusty I had previously owned a Aprilia Tuono Factory Gen 1. A very focused but rewarding bike to ride. When hunting for a replacement for commuter K75 loyally served for 5 years. I looked at all options, shaft and chain. Yes the GS was the obvious choice but sought to have something different. I saw caponord at NEC and thought that I like, engine an enlarged tuono, extra grunt and rider aids. Also liked the similar family look to front of V4 range. Let’s get to riding, the engine is super, grunty across the range, but snatchy at low speeds making commuting just tolerable particularly when filtering. Then ADD suspension worked amazing and automatically compensated with rider/pillion/luggage weight. I wouldn’t describe myself as a aggressive rider but fast and smooth, bike never had one sign of loss of traction. The riding modes effectively reduce power for conditions. Finish was again extremely good considering old reports of Aprilia paint. I had Matt green with not a glitch in 23000 miles. It does run hot, in town the twin fans direct hot air towards inner legs, depending on clothing and air temperature can become uncomfortable. I spoke with Italian Police in Milan whilst working, why they weren’t on the Caponords, the BMW`s are cooler! I still say the Caponord a very under rated bike by biking press, it’s a great blend of road tech with softer riding position and every day use without going full hog and having GS. Wanted to like the Honda Africa Twin, but sorry to those who have them, boring! A very Honda experience, does what it says on tin. For those looking for something different, the Caponord offers that. Was disappointed when Aprilia announced they were dropping from a range. Although I have clearly raved about Aprilia the GS even at this early stage is better all round without making comprises as I would have done on Aprilia. Sorry for long reply, wanted to make point that Aprilia wasn’t a bad bike, just that GS is better.

Rusty I had previously owned a Aprilia Tuono Factory Gen 1. A very focused but rewarding bike to ride. When hunting for a replacement for commuter K75 loyally served for 5 years. I looked at all options, shaft and chain. Yes the GS was the obvious choice but sought to have something different. I saw caponord at NEC and thought that I like, engine an enlarged tuono, extra grunt and rider aids. Also liked the similar family look to front of V4 range. Let’s get to riding, the engine is super, grunty across the range, but snatchy at low speeds making commuting just tolerable particularly when filtering. Then ADD suspension worked amazing and automatically compensated with rider/pillion/luggage weight. I wouldn’t describe myself as a aggressive rider but fast and smooth, bike never had one sign of loss of traction. The riding modes effectively reduce power for conditions. Finish was again extremely good considering old reports of Aprilia paint. I had Matt green with not a glitch in 23000 miles. It does run hot, in town the twin fans direct hot air towards inner legs, depending on clothing and air temperature can become uncomfortable. I spoke with Italian Police in Milan whilst working, why they weren’t on the Caponords, the BMW`s are cooler! I still say the Caponord a very under rated bike by biking press, it’s a great blend of road tech with softer riding position and every day use without going full hog and having GS. Wanted to like the Honda Africa Twin, but sorry to those who have them, boring! A very Honda experience, does what it says on tin. For those looking for something different, the Caponord offers that. Was disappointed when Aprilia announced they were dropping from a range. Although I have clearly raved about Aprilia the GS even at this early stage is better all round without making comprises as I would have done on Aprilia. Sorry for long reply, wanted to make point that Aprilia wasn’t a bad bike, just that GS is better.

Thanks for the review :beerjug:

There are a few very good alternatives to the GS and I think the Capo is one of them. The GS though is just somehow more "complete" than its rivals.

Back
Top Bottom