Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Swansong

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Love Gdansk there last week before heading to east then south, currently in Zakopane heading to Wroclaw tomorrow. Polish drivers remind me of the Portuguese at roundabouts, any lane in for any exit you want and NEVER EVER use an indicator.

Arse Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Cheers Nutty. Can you believe it is a phone.

It is sent from my phone. So fucking what?

Quote Originally Posted by grez View Post
    Love Gdansk there last week
    There was a massive group of bikers with some German touring company. You one of them maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by tanneman View Post
    Thanks Mide. The less visited places has a certain attraction to me. I'm enjoying your thread. I like to read about the stans, Mongolia, China, Siberia etc. One day.

On a more personal note. The missus txt me to say that I should enjoy the trip as there won't be any soon in the foreseeable future. Which I'm dreading as the plan is to sell the GS after the trip. Reading the thread about 2nd hand values I'm starting to wonder if that would be a wise choice. The replacement costs might just be a bit much as I don't intend to part ex it for a newer model. It won't get replaced if I sell it.

I need to own the bike outright as I plan to take it places were leasing companies don't like their property to go to.

IMO you need a smaller, cheaper bike to do the 'stans etc. I wouldn't want to do it on my GS
    I'm actually really looking forward to doing a trip in Europe on the GS next year. We've done off road trips for the last 4 years and frankly, my ass is killing me

Yes. Ewan and thingy have shown why you need a small machine. I have read the ride reports of Walter Colebatch and the bike preps threads. A lot of detail but a light bike is a must.

So, your donkey is not happy

A good read while i had my brekkie, Ta

Yesterday afternoon at the apartment I was met by a plump French woman that I assumed is the owner. She showed me around and because there is only me I asked if it was only me sleeping here tonight. She didn't understand but I rephrased the question and I could see a twinkle in her eye. It was just there that I cut the conversation short with some hand signs and mumbling something.

A trip to the Intermarché for fuel and some supplies. Getting sick of restaurant food.

Had a restful sleep and woke before the alarm went off. Last day. The object: Home. But first there are 2 stops to be made. Looking out the window it is real foggy. Very apt for the first stop.

On 15 July 1916 the 1st South African Infantry Brigade was involved in an attack to capture the forest of Delville Wood. I visit this place every time I go to France.

Next stop. One of our favourite chocolatiers in Arras. Something for the missus when I stop by her work later today.

Now it is time to burn fuel and square off the last bit of tread on the PR4. Engage warp drive, eye eye Captain.

Even the weather knew I was returning so a welcome was arranged, just a light drizzle.

Package delivered and safely back home. Close to 4k miles and one dirty bike. That will have to wait till Saturday.

And some goodies came back with me. Whisky from an Uncle and Nalefka from another, an owl for my mum which I buy every time I go somewhere.

A special mention to my extended family in Poland. They always make me feel right at home no matter if they have not met me before. And to Natalia and Olek whom we stayed with in Bydgoszcz, big thanks and you are welcome every time.

Thanks for reading.

Great read and great photos. Thanks.
    I just want to get out and ride.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234