Urban G/S X - better seat comfort?

Afmuir

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
What are the recommended options out there to improve the comfort of that seat - replace it with another, get standard one repacked with more foam, something else? Anyone made a change that’s really improved it as I find it uncomfortable.
Thanks.

Maybe consider changing the rear shock for a nicely damped unit may do the trick. Wilbers on my bike really made a difference to comfort.

Maybe consider changing the rear shock for a nicely damped unit may do the trick. Wilbers on my bike really made a difference to comfort.

I used to ride my Scrambler X on the back roads of the South Downs, near Harting Hill and Upark there is a section where tree roots have rippled the road... on the SX it used to jar my back so badly I had to remember to stand on the pegs as I hit the bumpy section.... I did the same road on Saturday on my new Rallye and realised after I had passed the section that I had barely noticed the ripples..... the rear shock on the Urban/SX needs to go in the bin....

I used to ride my Scrambler X on the back roads of the South Downs, near Harting Hill and Upark there is a section where tree roots have rippled the road... on the SX it used to jar my back so badly I had to remember to stand on the pegs as I hit the bumpy section.... I did the same road on Saturday on my new Rallye and realised after I had passed the section that I had barely noticed the ripples..... the rear shock on the Urban/SX needs to go in the bin....

A testament to the Rallye’s suspension, but I agree the Urban is lacking in the suspension department, although no different to other £10k bikes, the good thing it is easily sorted..

Hi
What are the recommended options out there to improve the comfort of that seat - replace it with another, get standard one repacked with more foam, something else? Anyone made a change that’s really improved it as I find it uncomfortable.
Thanks.

I've got a Sargent on my original R Nine T.

A testament to the Rallye’s suspension, but I agree the Urban is lacking in the suspension department, although no different to other £10k bikes, the good thing it is easily sorted..

True - my Triumph Scrambler was bad as well.

Back
Top Bottom