Saddlemen adventure tour seat for GSA

DjApplin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Recently ordered a Low version of the saddlemen adventure tour seat with lumbar support , see link below.

Despite the picture it’s both the rider and pillion seat and the adjustable lumbar support comes as part of the pillion.

Expensive by the time I paid for shipping from the USA and agony when I got hit for £120 VAT but no import duty.

My 2018 GSA Rally Is the standard frame with the standard seat. I am 5:10 with 32 inside leg and was comfortable with the seat on the low setting. Despite the Saddlemen website showing their product to have the same seat heights as the BMW original I chose the Low version because on its high setting it is supposed to be the same as the BMW low setting.

Glad I did that as the seat shape means tgat the hoop length is slightly longer and I needed the low version on the low setting to get the same amount of foot down that I am used to.

Quality seems very good, as was their order process and delivery.

Comfort, was it worth it?

Yes, so far with a few hundred miles in the saddle it’s a massive improvement and the bonus is that the lumbar support stops me slouching so I don’t susuffer so much lower back pain. ( herniated L4/5 disc)

Hopefully the next big trip will be easier on the Butt 😁

https://www.saddlemen.com/adventure-tour-seat-with-lumbar-rest-lo-pro-2-pc-2up-r-series-bmw?search=

I'm the same height and leg length as you and also find the GSA fine on the low seat setting I've been considering the Saddlemen seat so thanks for your feedback. I would have gone for the standard height for fear of losing padding and room on the seat so you feedback on the "effective" seat height is really helpful..

Have you found the low version lacking padding? I'm not "bendy" and so I'm also concerned about losing seat to peg height; is that much different?

I'm interested to know why the Saddleman in place of say a Sargent low seat as they are at least available from a UK stockist? Is the Saddleman narrower overall?

Back
Top Bottom