Hi from Bedfordshire

Greybloke

Reaction score
Hello all. New owner of GSA rally TE, although I’ve had a number of BMW’s over the years, including GS’s, K1200s, K1, and “upgraded” a month ago from RS.

Many many bikes over the years, including, Blackbirds, MV’s, KTM RC8, Ducati’s and Aprilia Caponord. Currently riding a Thruxton R, and CB1000r in addition to the GSA. Yes I know I’m a lucky boy!

No doubt I’ll have questions as I get into ownership, so thanks in advance.

I’ll be lurking around and Will contribute now and then, cheers:beer:

Hi and welcome, we have similar biking history, just traded my Caponord for the 2015 GSA TE, a week ago. I considered the Aprilia a hugely underrated bike and enjoyed it. However found myself making concessions, engine produced a lot of heat, sometimes uncomfortably, luggage was good but restrictive, switch gear could have been better and finally wished it had shaft. Am thrilled with first weeks ownership and look forward to putting some serious miles in before the winter lay off! Welcome and safe riding fellow Newbie

Andy
The Capo was a good under rated bike, the dash and electronic controls let it down, cruise control was awful, fuel level sender never worked properly despite being replaced, otherwise very comfy with just about enough shove.

The GSA is feeling great, just had the first service, my only issue at the moment is the SOS feature which sometimes shows as not connected (error message) despite a software reset by dealer. It’s been stable for the past week, so maybe it’s decided to settle down...... I was going to use this as my London commute bike, great for the A1 part, but it’s just too fat for zipping through slow traffic, hence the new CB 1000r which will fill this role.

Stay safe,and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom