1190R ~ Nearly 5 years old ~ Corrosion

Any major issues?

One set of front discs (warranty) in the first year.

One oil filter collapse in the first year but I believe they have have modded the filters now, certainly no further issues.

My paranoia over potential air filter box (lack of) sealing has seen me fit a DNA filter and a Unifilter gasket. Air box is always sparkly clean come service time.

And that is it. No other issues.

Andres

I reckon it must be all the extra power of the Hilltop 1190, your bike goes to quick for the shit to stick :)

Just for some fair balance (Nutty) My GS is now 18 months old, done 8,000 (a lot for Jersey) used every day to commute as it is my sole form of transport. Its not too shabby either......

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_513.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_513.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 238
Just for some fair balance (Nutty) My GS is now 18 months old, done 8,000 (a lot for Jersey) used every day to commute as it is my sole form of transport. Its not too shabby either......

So your nearly new bike is not looking too Shabby - excellent :bow

These bikes are certainly well put together, and painted properly. People don’t believe that my bike has done just under 11k miles in just over a year, as it looks like new. :beerjug:

What I was trying to point out, to Nutty, was..... If he had kept his Rallye it might also still be running!!!!

I'll get me coat:blast

Back
Top Bottom