The annual Billy No Mates Tour

I’ve now got the best part of a year to change my mind numerous times regarding where to go before setting off with no idea where I’ll end up. I’ve still got the lure of the Arctic tugging at me and I’d still like to go to Turkey (or further east) which means I’ll probably do neither :D

Enjoyed reading that , thanks for posting..
Sounds like my ideal trip ...

I’m not saying it’s the best way to do it because others get a lot of fun out of loading routes into a satnav, booking hotels and having it all in place but if it goes a bit wrong they’ve got to make do whereas I just have another beer, look at google maps, look at the weather forecast then go to bed and when I wake up in the morning I either decide it was a great idea and go or think I must have been really pissed the night before and look again.

I don’t have the slightest idea where I’m going tomorrow,

Enjoyed that, great read of a busy random trip. I'm off on the Santander ferry on Sunday on my (almost finished the rebuild) XT600 for a wander, no fixed plans, expect it will involve beer, camping, beer and map poring occasionally to decide where to go. Quite fancy the ferry from Spain to Sardinia so that is a possibility. But all at a much slower speed than you did!

Enjoyed that, great read of a busy random trip. I'm off on the Santander ferry on Sunday on my (almost finished the rebuild) XT600 for a wander, no fixed plans, expect it will involve beer, camping, beer and map poring occasionally to decide where to go. Quite fancy the ferry from Spain to Sardinia so that is a possibility. But all at a much slower speed than you did!

Have a great time. Today was my first day of an 8 week contract where I’ll be doing about 75hrs/week so I’ll be ready for another holiday after that one.

Back
Top Bottom