The annual Billy No Mates Tour

Are you there yet Andy?

It is sent from my phone. So fucking what?

I was warned about the German motorways near Hamburg but the roadworks started at Bremen and from there to Flensburg it was about 50-50 roadworks and clear motorway. Overall it cost me an hour on my eta at Frederikshavn though time wasn’t important because nothing was booked :D

I did the 650 miles on a two stop coffee and petrol only strategy which would have been great but my second stop was in Denmark and it was an unmanned, pay at the pump station so no coffee at that one. While I was there I booked a hotel within sight of the ferry port so I’ll book a ferry to Gothenburg later and that’s as far as plans for tomorrow go. The delays in Germany started to get to me in the end and it’s every bit as bad going south so I’m leaning towards getting off the ferry at Gothenburg, ditch the idea of going north and head to Stockholm where I can either have a night on the lash (another one) or hop on the ferry to Turku and then go east across Finland. Because I can be a bit stupid at times I’m thinking that if I go to Finland I can pop over and do a lap of the old road circuit at Imatra, stick two fingers up at the Russians because I don’t have a visa then go back to Helsinki and get the ferry to Tallinn.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imatra_Circuit

There may be photos later, I’m off to find beer :beerjug:

Obligatory photo of first pint

7d9a7cc92725624477a73a0d444d3f49.jpg

I’ll do the Nutty/Bounce trick of posting food photos later. There’s a nice Chinese buffet place here that I’ve been to before so I may indulge myself.

and I limit my toiletries to what I can shove inside a pair of Timberland boots ��

That's still a lot of toiletries, are you hoping to get lucky en route?

Bring it on :beerjug:

Dinner.

I went for wantan with a hot dip then beef, mushrooms, onions and bamboo shoots in a weird sauce. Last time I ate in that restaurant I was ill for 36 hours but it’s like crashing a bike, you have to get back on the horse or it beats you :D

a88baf8e16e855d8f394ae83a8b56483.jpg

Washed down with beer of course.

Next on the agenda now I’m back at my hotel is to see if there’s anything ‘interesting’ on the tv but you won’t want photos of that.

Superb so far! :thumb2

I did Harwich to the Hook twice a week for 11 1/2 years! :blast

I’ve booked the ferry and made sure I’ve grabbed a few more Stena loyalty points so I can cash in on the reduced beer prices when I go home. I paid an extra €16 for a reclining seat, breakfast and a complimentary beer (it docks at 11:30 but that’s after midday in Romania so I can have one) and all in €52 didn’t seem too bad for a crossing that’s a comparable time to Heysham-Douglas :nenau

Ah, the obligatory food pictures, good man. :thumb

If there’s nothing on the telly, there’s abviously a good WiFi signal.... :augie:D

Ready for the ferry

ef88e887c198163ac1e42815fac83f1d.jpg

At least it’s not raining and I’ve got a breakfast on the ferry to look forward to.

I’ve left the traction control maxed out so wheelies are off the agenda until all that clutter has been removed.

There’s a ferry booking with my name on it for tonight and that gets me into Naantali at 07:15 tomorrow morning. After that it’s time to explore a bit but a lap of the old Imatra circuit is as close to being a certainty as it gets for me.

Once I land in Finland I’ve got 8 days before my return ferry from the Hook so I’ve got a bit of time to lose in places like Tallinn though I’m almost certain to think of something stupid to do that keeps me on the move.

Very little to report apart from the fact that I’m sitting on a ferry in the arsehole of Sweden which is known locally as Kapellskar though my recently updated Garmin said “fuck off, where the fuck is that?”

I had a brief moment of madness when I realised that if I hadn’t holed my radiator last year I’d have been through Bulgaria & Greece so would have had the full set of EU countries (apart from Malta & Cyprus) on a bike after this trip but Tallinn to Greece then back to the Hook is 3,200 miles and though I could do it I’d be riding on canvas by the time I got home.

Anyway, another 350 miles of tedium today but from now on it’s easy days and seeing a few sights. Only two photos, a where the fuck is that? one (with a reflection of me looking like a scarecrow) and the obligatory first pint one. If the food on the ferry is worth it I’ll take a shot of that but I’m expecting crap

d270ed676878b651a8c27670dfbf9d96.jpg

edc14ef3f83429c07e984a325f7c19bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D You can always do the loop round to St Petersburg.

The Beemer can do such miles but it would be bad for my health.

It is sent from my phone. So fucking what?

I’ve been to St Petersburg and it’s a lovely city but I don’t have a visa this time. If I’d got the visa I’d be doing Kaliningrad as well but it ain’t happening.

I might do a cheeky dip into the Ukraine though 😀

I’ve been to St Petersburg and it’s a lovely city but I don’t have a visa this time. If I’d got the visa I’d be doing Kaliningrad as well but it ain’t happening.

I might do a cheeky dip into the Ukraine though ��

Just for info Andy

Visiting St. Petersburg visa-free by ferryIt is possible to visit St. Petersburg for up to 72 hours without a Russian visa if you use the St. Peter Line ferry service from Helsinki or Tallinn.

https://stpeterline.com/-/september-sale

Just for info Andy

Visiting St. Petersburg visa-free by ferryIt is possible to visit St. Petersburg for up to 72 hours without a Russian visa if you use the St. Peter Line ferry service from Helsinki or Tallinn.

Is it? I’ll have a look at that and see whether it’s for foot passengers only.

I looked at getting into Belarus last year but didn’t have time to sort it so I’m going to see what can be done on that front. It’s visa free entry if you fly in but may be a bit more complicated on the bike. I need to be at the Hook in 8 days so I’ve got time to fuck about a bit and ponder on the stupidity of not planning ahead

Here’s a quick picture of the upper cargo deck on the ferry. I can’t get off until all the trucks have gone then I need to carve my way through them and get to Imatra to get a lap in tomorrow. It could get messy....

Is it? I’ll have a look at that and see whether it’s for foot passengers only.

I looked at getting into Belarus last year but didn’t have time to sort it so I’m going to see what can be done on that front. It’s visa free entry if you fly in but may be a bit more complicated on the bike. I need to be at the Hook in 8 days so I’ve got time to fuck about a bit and ponder on the stupidity of not planning ahead

Here’s a quick picture of the upper cargo deck on the ferry. I can’t get off until all the trucks have gone then I need to carve my way through them and get to Imatra to get a lap in tomorrow. It could get messy....

It is also for cars and Bikes, and E-bikes........:D

Back
Top Bottom