The annual Billy No Mates Tour

It is also for cars and Bikes, and E-bikes........:D

Cool. I’ll get onto it tomorrow though my wife wants to visit there and might get sulky if I go again without her.

Leaving it until she’s with me may be a good strategy if I want to carry on having trips away on my own 😀

Add Finnlines to the list of ferry companies that get pleasure from waking you at 5am when you feel as if you’ve only been asleep for 1 hour. Bonus points for free breakfast and limitless coffee. The orange juice had bits as well so must be fresh :thumb2

Finland, well we’ve not docked yet but forests, lots of forests and scabby little islands covered in trees. Hang on, I expected that because I rode 350 miles across Sweden looking at trees and lakes :D

Naantali to Imatra is about 260 miles so I should be there early in the afternoon, I’ll work out where the old circuit runs, get a lap in then look at Archies to find a campsite though if I spot somewhere by a lake that looks nice I’ll bung the tent up then go and buy some tins before making fire.

If you go to Tallinn, why not hook up with Margus (or is it Marcus) AKA Tsiklonaut for a bit ?

I’ll drop him a pm and see if he fancies a beer.

I’ve stopped for fuel 20 miles past Helsinki, checked the weather in Imatra and it’s rain all day so sod camping in that, I’ve booked a ferry to Tallinn leaving in 3 hours because it’s not raining there.

I’ve not managed a day yet where I haven’t changed the plans I had when I set off so if anyone had any doubts about why I do this on my own it should be becoming clear by now 😀

I’ll drop him a pm and see if he fancies a beer.

I’ve stopped for fuel 20 miles past Helsinki, checked the weather in Imatra and it’s rain all day so sod camping in that, I’ve booked a ferry to Tallinn leaving in 3 hours because it’s not raining there.

I’ve not managed a day yet where I haven’t changed the plans I had when I set off so if anyone had any doubts about why I do this on my own it should be becoming clear by now ��

Why do I smell Russia coming.........:D

If I’d gone on to Imatra I’d have been 5 miles from the border. I’ve been to Russia quite a few times when I crew changed in Moscow so I’m not too fussed about whether I go there or not, it’s more about avoiding shit weather and riding the bike.

Helsinki ferry terminal is huge and rather confusing for stupid foreigners but the bike is in the queue to board and I’m sheltering from the rain about 50’ from it.

Would you be okay with giving a breakdown of the various ferry costs and whether they were overnight etc, when you get back. Enjoying your updates. thanks.

I can certainly do that, I should have all the confirmation emails so can work it back from there.

I’ve got to be honest and say I’ve not been too interested in cost because I’m on holiday and if I looked too closely I’d start to worry.

Right then, ferry prices.

Forget the Harwich - Hook because everyone has a different idea of which way to get over to Europe and the price varies according to when you book it.

Frederikshavn to Gothenburg £15 economy or double that if you want a recliner. I wish I hadn’t bothered with the recliner because the snack was rubbish so I had a full breakfast (buffet, eat as much as you can) for just over £10 so say £26 for a seat with the cheapskates and a good breakfast. That’s a good price for the distance you’re travelling.

Kapellskar to Naantali £134 including evening meal and breakfast. Again, they were eat all you can buffet meals so I thought this one was a good price.

Helsinki to Tallinn £63 so not bad really.

Basically 48 hours after landing at the Hook I was in Finland though anyone considering doing similar needs to keep in mind it’s a long day up to Frederikshavn but I was there for 7pm and paid £52 for a decent hotel across the road from the ferry and 2 minutes walk into town.

I’ll not be catching any more ferries so not much over £200 plus whatever you pay to get to Europe.

Wow instant response and interesting, thanks for the effort, have a safe day. Very tempting, it seems like efficient travelling ie moving when you're asleep, and offsets to a degree against the hotel you don't need for the nights you are on the boat.

The quick reply was because I’m on a ferry, I’m bored and campsites that don’t get stinking reviews are a bit thin on the ground in Tallinn.

I’m a touch pissed off about the lack of camping within walking range of the city but not to worry, I’ve booked an apartment for 2 nights so I’ll get some washing done while I’m there.

Still no use of the Kelly kettle...

Dinner.

I went for wantan with a hot dip then beef, mushrooms, onions and bamboo shoots in a weird sauce. Last time I ate in that restaurant I was ill for 36 hours but it’s like crashing a bike, you have to get back on the horse or it beats you :D

a88baf8e16e855d8f394ae83a8b56483.jpg

Washed down with beer of course.

Next on the agenda now I’m back at my hotel is to see if there’s anything ‘interesting’ on the tv but you won’t want photos of that.

Nice looking buffet there Andy.....:D

Right then, ferry prices.

Forget the Harwich - Hook because everyone has a different idea of which way to get over to Europe and the price varies according to when you book it.

Frederikshavn to Gothenburg £15 economy or double that if you want a recliner. I wish I hadn’t bothered with the recliner because the snack was rubbish so I had a full breakfast (buffet, eat as much as you can) for just over £10 so say £26 for a seat with the cheapskates and a good breakfast. That’s a good price for the distance you’re travelling.

Kapellskar to Naantali £134 including evening meal and breakfast. Again, they were eat all you can buffet meals so I thought this one was a good price.

Helsinki to Tallinn £63 so not bad really.

Basically 48 hours after landing at the Hook I was in Finland though anyone considering doing similar needs to keep in mind it’s a long day up to Frederikshavn but I was there for 7pm and paid £52 for a decent hotel across the road from the ferry and 2 minutes walk into town.

I’ll not be catching any more ferries so not much over £200 plus whatever you pay to get to Europe.

You could have done a European cruise, and hopped off and rented a moped for the few hours in every port............:D

Nice looking buffet there Andy.....:D

I got there about 45 minutes before they closed and the buffet selection was a bit sparse and very unappetising so after my previous spewing episode I opted for something more sensible.

Well I’m in a very nice apartment 10 minutes walk from the old city of Tallinn so I know where I’ll be heading later.

The bike is on hardstanding behind locked gates so that’s a major plus point and I’ll not even bother removing the soft panniers though I may stick the pacsafe on if only because I’ve brought it so may as well use it.

Apparently the place can sleep 4, there’s a king sized wanking chariot, a single bed and a sofa bed, big kitchen, shower and high speed WiFi all for €125 for 2 nights and if I want a 3rd night he’ll do it for €50.

Photos later.

Photo time

KTM without tailpack and tent on handy piece of hard standing.

c0a8bcb41ed605cafb6ef305505860a9.jpg

Electric gates. Try lifting the bike over that when it’s got the steering lock and a roadlok on it.

f861541a0cd15accb1811d8fed1d23b0.heic

Garden. Ok, It’s a bit cloudy today but otherwise a can of beer outside always goes down well.

346ae6b15592d872f09d76c0736f7509.jpg

Living room. There’s a decent sized tv so I may look later to see if it’s got BBC World news on there.

125c533b97d2cba8961feb7e5f324249.jpg

Kitchen. None of that washing my keks in the sink, there’s a washing machine and I’ll soon work out how to use it.

ea915542aebe98d49ec6bb380e94a8de.jpg

Bedroom. I suppose that as far as holiday apartment bedrooms go it’s ok. There’s a comfy chair plus small table and chair.

ca60986cd8a8868b90cecb7c315321fc.jpg

Probably the best thing to say about it is that if I was coming here for a long weekend with the wife I’d book it rather than a normal hotel with just a bedroom and a bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photo time

KTM without tailpack and tent on handy piece of hard standing.

c0a8bcb41ed605cafb6ef305505860a9.jpg

Electric gates. Try lifting the bike over that when it’s got the steering lock and a roadlok on it.

f861541a0cd15accb1811d8fed1d23b0.heic

Garden. Ok, It’s a bit cloudy today but otherwise a can of beer outside always goes down well.

346ae6b15592d872f09d76c0736f7509.jpg

Living room. There’s a decent sized tv so I may look later to see if it’s got BBC World news on there.

125c533b97d2cba8961feb7e5f324249.jpg

Kitchen. None of that washing my keks in the sink, there’s a washing machine and I’ll soon work out how to use it.

ea915542aebe98d49ec6bb380e94a8de.jpg

Bedroom. I suppose that as far as holiday apartment bedrooms go it’s ok. There’s a comfy chair plus small table and chair.

ca60986cd8a8868b90cecb7c315321fc.jpg

Probably the best thing to say about it is that if I was coming here for a long weekend with the wife I’d book it rather than a normal hotel with just a bedroom and a bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite nice is that little pad...........:D

Back
Top Bottom