Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The annual Billy No Mates Tour

Runny eggs and strangers, white lines and unmade beds.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    Thanks. It’s been a bit of an up and down summer but all’s well that ends well.

We’re off for a spot of sun on Saturday and while she’s a bit down about missing a decent bike trip this year she’s quite pleased that she avoided this one.

Silverstone next year?
    Will depend on weather forecast!

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    It’s still not as funny as when she phoned me and asked where I was on the infamous Alps trip and I told her I was at a police station where they’d taken my licence while I was on her FZ1 😀
    I've gone back and re-read my write-up of that trip a few times since, and I still think if I hadn't been there I wouldn't entirely believe it.

http://eldaifo.blogspot.com/2012/01/...le-part-1.html

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ogden View Post
    I've gone back and re-read my write-up of that trip a few times since, and I still think if I hadn't been there I wouldn't entirely believe it.

http://eldaifo.blogspot.com/2012/01/...le-part-1.html
    It was a minor classic with a win bonus awarded to a few foreign governments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest laugh was today as I strapped the bike down when a bloke with multiple black rat stickers on his bike and both his and his pillions crash helmets started chatting about our trips and he said they were thinking about doing the Baltic States at some point and what was the high point of that part of the trip. Naturally I replied that getting banned and buying my licence back from bent cops topped everything so he went a bit sulky.
    ; that would do it. Do you reckon doughnuts would work .

Great RR Andy, glad you enjoyed the 'experience'....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

I’ve now got the best part of a year to change my mind numerous times regarding where to go before setting off with no idea where I’ll end up. I’ve still got the lure of the Arctic tugging at me and I’d still like to go to Turkey (or further east) which means I’ll probably do neither

Enjoyed reading that , thanks for posting..
    Sounds like my ideal trip ...

I’m not saying it’s the best way to do it because others get a lot of fun out of loading routes into a satnav, booking hotels and having it all in place but if it goes a bit wrong they’ve got to make do whereas I just have another beer, look at google maps, look at the weather forecast then go to bed and when I wake up in the morning I either decide it was a great idea and go or think I must have been really pissed the night before and look again.

I don’t have the slightest idea where I’m going tomorrow,
    Enjoyed that, great read of a busy random trip. I'm off on the Santander ferry on Sunday on my (almost finished the rebuild) XT600 for a wander, no fixed plans, expect it will involve beer, camping, beer and map poring occasionally to decide where to go. Quite fancy the ferry from Spain to Sardinia so that is a possibility. But all at a much slower speed than you did!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern jock View Post
    Enjoyed that, great read of a busy random trip. I'm off on the Santander ferry on Sunday on my (almost finished the rebuild) XT600 for a wander, no fixed plans, expect it will involve beer, camping, beer and map poring occasionally to decide where to go. Quite fancy the ferry from Spain to Sardinia so that is a possibility. But all at a much slower speed than you did!
    Have a great time. Today was my first day of an 8 week contract where I’ll be doing about 75hrs/week so I’ll be ready for another holiday after that one.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112