The annual Billy No Mates Tour

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, it’s time for my Billy No Mates tour and this year I’m going for it properly with my normal where to next performance.

Right now I’m on the ferry at Harwich with miles more beer in front of me than I really should have but I’ll be in bed before we sail so it’ll be fine.
96f4756d1afe4e8ac006559e6974bd22.jpg

My new best friend the barman not only filled the jug but also filled the normally empty glass then told me that if I had a Stena Line loyalty card I’d get that lot for €12. No card but I found my membership number on an email so a bargain was had

I’ll have a look at the weather forecast in Norway when we dock at The Hook and if it looks ok I’ll aim for Norway, if snow or heavy rain are forecast for north of the Arctic Circle I’ll blow that idea out and see if I can do an anti clockwise circuit of The Baltic.

Last resort? Greece is nice at this time of the year

I need to be home by the 7th September because I’m on a 9am flight to Menorca with the wife on the 8th and she’ll kill me if I’m not home.

Obligatory overloaded bike picture? Ok, here’s the KTM in all it’s glory before I left home. It’ll never be the same again but it’s only a bike and I’ve got others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good start, failed miserably with the bike photo but here it is
0bbaac84609784df638c7d455b4bfad0.jpg

Jeezus !
Are you sure she's not with you ?

What the fook have you packed ??

Sounds exciting, like your make-it-up-as-you-go style...:thumby::bow happy travels fella... enjoy the solitude...:clap:cool

Front tyre won't wear much. Seems glamping in the gin palace has prevented you from packing sensibly.

Jeezus !
Are you sure she's not with you ?

What the fook have you packed ??

Clothes for 5 days plus travel wash.

Tent, sleeping bag, Thermarest and small tarp in the roll bag.

Kelly Kettle, pans, ready meals for 5 days plus coffee to kick start me in the morning.

Puncture repair kit and a few extra tools but nothing excessive.

Forgot my travel towel so I’ll be running around naked until I’m dry unless I can buy one somewhere.

Those panniers are 15l each side so don’t hold much, the tailpack holds 50l if you include the useless pockets and the tankbag holds 15l which is lost with shit like spare gloves, Kindle, torch and other small stuff.

Once you add in a lock and chain that has to go somewhere, a pair of over trousers and a waterproof jacket for when I’m pitching the tent things get tight and I limit my toiletries to what I can shove inside a pair of Timberland boots 😀

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the axe. How can you go camping without a small axe?

Anyway, we’ve just set sail and I’ve got a glass full of beer left to shift. The Harwich to the Hoek ferry is always a favourite with me until they wake me with Bobby McFerrin singing don’t worry be happy at a ridiculous time in the morning.

If I’m going to make it to Frederikshavn tomorrow I’ve got 625 miles to do and I’ll be hoping to find a bus shelter to sleep in so I can get on the 8am ferry to Gothenburg then be well north of Oslo Wednesday when I stop. It’s no wonder I have to do this shit on my own.

That’s one of those roof tents isn’t it! :D

Enjoy & travel safe.
Plenty of pictures now..

:thumb

Well it’s not raining at the Hoek so that’s good but the weather forecast changes according to which site I use so I’m still going to Frederikshavn where I’ll catch the ferry to Gothenburg tomorrow morning and decide whether it’s going to be Oslo or Stockholm then a ferry to Helsinki at the last possible minute.

I hate full breakfasts at this time of the morning so I’ll make do with coffee and eTab then stop in 3-4 hours. I filled the bike a mile before the port to avoid the scandalous price the Dutch charge for unleaded so I’ve got a 250 mile range available to me and I’ll not be stopping early unless I break the bike.

Further updates when I can be arsed but here’s a photo for Ash

7c2ab4d762710027141f8d7fd615bf00.jpg

You were right with the Billy no mates bit.... everyone else avoiding you?:D have a great days riding, beats my day in the office...

Sounds like it’s going to be an interesting trip! :D

Good start, failed miserably with the bike photo but here it is
0bbaac84609784df638c7d455b4bfad0.jpg

That hanging basket needs watering :D

The ventura system is brilliant And i have that same set up for the Ducati but also have the other bag which zips on to the 50L

Yes the pockets are useless for owt else but a can of chain lube

I've done the Harwich to Hook trip several times when visiting the Netherlands,always had a few beers before retiring to the cabin and like you,hate the wake up music at 6 in the morning.Breakfast not bad but a bit expensive in my opinion but nice to get on the road early.
Have a good'un Billy ;)

Kimbo

Back
Top Bottom