BMW GS Gloves direct from China

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure if there was a thread about these or on ADVrider.

Unknown to me my wife ordered herself a pair of BMW GS gloves from Ebay, posted direct from China for £26.99, they arrived 10 days later.

Now then, the ones you happily splash out £69 from your local dealer are also made in China with 20% Kangaroo leather, 23% Goat leather etc. etc.

I've just spent (wasted) quite some time comparing them to my own pair.....exactly the same, in fact in places the Chinky ones appear slightly better quality.

So, my guess is they're not counterfeit but just the factory in China cutting out the very fat middle man.

If they are counterfeit then they're very, very good and could only guess perhaps there's no Kangaroo leather but there's certainly appears to be no difference there either.

:beerjug:

Not sure if there was a thread about these or on ADVrider.

Unknown to me my wife ordered herself a pair of BMW GS gloves from Ebay, posted direct from China for £26.99, they arrived 10 days later.

Now then, the ones you happily splash out £69 from your local dealer are also made in China with 20% Kangaroo leather, 23% Goat leather etc. etc.

I've just spent (wasted) quite some time comparing them to my own pair.....exactly the same, in fact in places the Chinky ones appear slightly better quality.

So, my guess is they're not counterfeit but just the factory in China cutting out the very fat middle man.

If they are counterfeit then they're very, very good and could only guess perhaps there's no Kangaroo leather but there's certainly appears to be no difference there either.

:beerjug:

Easy to see if they are kangaroo leather, a linky please....:D

Ah...but are they CE marked?
If they're not then, in the event of an accident, the insurance company gets your house and your first born.
Its the law.

Thanks for posting Tim.

I had seen these and shared your sceptism so didnt bother.

I recently ordered an adjustable gear lever after smashing off the toe lug and bending the whole lever.

Apart from all the bolts and nuts working loose which was easily solved with thread lock its actually really good quality much to my suprise. Again direct from China.

Very Blingy kangaroos and goats these days!

I'll discuss it with you, in October

I am sure they will be fine

Don't forget to check the label :beerjug:

genuine-kangaroo-scrotum.png

Back
Top Bottom