BMW GS Gloves direct from China

Mine have arrived and look like god gloves and do actually fit quite well - with a little stretch.

In the BMW dealer this week and I had a look at the "real" ones. Two differences, the leather on the palm seems better on the shop ones and the tip of the middle finger on the shop ones was plastic covered, it's leather covered on the cheap ones.

I just got a pair too - identical to the ones I bought from my dealer.

Has anyone seen the same seller do the 2 in 1 gloves?

I had a ebay search but couldn't find them; they'd be worth a buy at the Chinese prices.

Watching now, I've been trawling Aliexpress and the like and cannot find the 2 in 1 gloves

I just got a pair too - identical to the ones I bought from my dealer.

Has anyone seen the same seller do the 2 in 1 gloves?

I had a ebay search but couldn't find them; they'd be worth a buy at the Chinese prices.

Took a chance with the cheapo summer gloves, however winter 2 in 1,s might not be a good buy methinks, if they do them.

Took a chance with the cheapo summer gloves, however winter 2 in 1,s might not be a good buy methinks, if they do them.

If the same company who make the summer ones (that are identical) also make the 2 in 1s they should be fine - if I could find them.

Love your schwartzwald area!

Mine have arrived,
Comparing them to my original BMW ones.
I would say that the materials used in the new ones are nowhere near a good as on my old ones,
The fabric parts are much thinner do not have what I would consider to be the same level of protection.
The leather parts are similar but don't really have the same kind of robustness as the originals
,the almost Kevlar type panels on my originals appear to be much better and would stand up better if the worst should happen and you go sliding down the road on your palms,
The last part is the plastic part over the knuckles, it is much softer than my originals, you can bend it and squeeze it much more and I would think it would be less effective in protecting your hands in an impact directly on the back of the hands or knuckles.
That being said I will still wear them next summer as my old ones are a little bit tired now, ok for the price I guess.

Back
Top Bottom