Anyone know a good place to hire a Mustang convertible in San Francisco?

Jayjayuno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I hired from Alamo via Netflights, but it was “Mustang or similar”. Luckily they had this baby available when I arrived

106ec5a14aa1e1ef1d1c0e1217417ded.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beware; the passenger seat in some Mustangs is not adjustable for height and the one in the Mustang we picked up was far too low for my wife, who is of medium height. The Mustang is a very very popular rental car and we asked others what they thought of the seat, every single passenger we approached complained about it. My wife used a couple of cushions for the three weeks we had the car. There's been a few threads on this in the past couple of years, not sure where- in the B&B, here in the Travel > America section or perhaps in the 4 wheelers section where someone pointed out that the rental Mustangs in the US are of lower specifications than the ones exported to the UK with compromises such as this as well as some safety features having been downgraded.

Apart from that I loved the Mustang, but having ticked that off the list as it were, we now hire an SUV, makes more sense (to us anyway.)

Enjoy your holiday whatever you go for :).

I hired from Alamo via Netflights, but it was “Mustang or similar”. Luckily they had this baby available when I arrived

106ec5a14aa1e1ef1d1c0e1217417ded.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They rent women now? :p

Apparently a good way is via Alamo but their UK site, not US.

www.alamo.co.uk/usa. You get free additional driver and a better price than the US webiste according to my friend who uses it regularly.

Did a trip a couple of years ago with him in a Mustang Convertible - the 4 cylinder turbo goes like stink!

I have booked a Mustang Convertible via Cartrawler from Denver - car is from Budget BUT after I booked it I learned how bad Cartrawler is. I'm committed now and time will tell, but £40/day all in with zero CDW works for me. I've confirmed with Budget and the booking is there.

Note - Cartrawler sold me an upgrade package for $90 - full tank and free additional driver; according to Budget's website an additional driver is included if it is your spouse - so $90 for a tank of fuel seemed a bit rich. I tried to cancel/rebook but Cartrawler said no, they also said (in such a roundabout way that I missed it at first) that I could amend the booking to the same car less upgrade. Which I did. It reduced the cost by £107! Go figure.

Enjoy your trip and don't forget your ESTA.

HTH

A

PS I intend asking when I pick up the car if a V8 is available, just because.....

PS I intend asking when I pick up the car if a V8 is available, just because.....

The two Mustang's I've rented have been V6's and, despite being 300hp, they were both lethargic. The 485hp Dodge Challenger R/T V8 Scat Pack I hired this year though was a beast and nearly as fast as a bike. It makes the whole trip a lot more fun with a big V8 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom