WTF is going on with insurance

@vrf: Ah – yeah, but prices have been increasing recently. Sadly that is the norm.

Rip off merchants the lot of 'em.

Hastings wanted a rather extortionate £9 to add a bike to my existing policy including business use and change of address.

Actually, they were rather accommodating or are we not allowed such slander on these pages?

Hastings charge £25 for a change of registration. Then add any extra premium on top of that if the bike is a different bike.

Hastings charge £25 for a change of registration. Then add any extra premium on top of that if the bike is a different bike.
I must have caught them on a good day then!
They quite clearly said 'no charge for change of address' the nine quid was adding another bike to the policy for the remaining 2 1/2 months of the policy.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Got my multi bike renewal from CN yesterday. None of this makes any sense, 84 plate R100 and a 2012 MP3 Scoot.

2017 paid £201.93
2018 paid £204.30. £20.00 discount after a quick phone call.
2019 just paid £202.81. They wanted £275.78. Phone call saved £72.97.

I don't understand all the odd pence's on their prices.

Still £134.50 saved on CN, A Plan and RAC. I hate May, its always MOT, Tax and insurance time.

I don't understand all the odd pence's on their prices.

Blame the Chancellor.

There is a tax on insurance premiums in the UK, levied at 12%.

An £80 premium would become £89.60

A £200 premium would become £224 (no odd pennies)

A £127 premium would become £142.24

Morning All

Last year with Hasting direct fully comp for my 2018 GSA triple black was £330, renewal notice lands on the door mat £560, WTF.

Nothings changed, no claims, I’m older, bike has decreased in price, I do have advanced qualification to my name, 10+ no claims, bikes garages at home and work.

A few phone calls and Hastings could only get it to £530, so onto the inter web thingy and using a cheeky little meerkat website, I now have insurance for £250 fully comp from Bennetts additions, with the same policy settings as last year with 120 days European cover. It’s a no brainier.

There is no loyalty anymore so shop around.

Morning All

Last year with Hasting direct fully comp for my 2018 GSA triple black was £330, renewal notice lands on the door mat £560, WTF.

Nothings changed, no claims, I’m older, bike has decreased in price, I do have advanced qualification to my name, 10+ no claims, bikes garages at home and work.

A few phone calls and Hastings could only get it to £530, so onto the inter web thingy and using a cheeky little meerkat website, I now have insurance for £250 fully comp from Bennetts additions, with the same policy settings as last year with 120 days European cover. It’s a no brainier.

What's changed?

Theft appeal of a 2018 1200 GSA WC, that's what has changed

Morning All

Indeed :thumby:

Last year I got a quote from The Bike Insurer (who advertises on this forum) and the quote I went with was a Hasting Premier policy Fully Comp at £136.48 This was not the cheapest policy on offer, just the one I went with.

This year I received a letter from Hastings Direct telling me that the same policy as last year with them was now £172.48 yet when I checked on-line a mirror policy from The Bike Insurer came in at £135.02

A quick call to Hastings Direct had them not only match the price on-line but also add protected no claims and reduce the voluntary no claims discount down to ZERO

I couldn't get my credit card out quick enough :D

Old Bastard 59 years young
No points on licence
Bike Garaged
£250 Compulsory Excess
ZERO Voluntary Excess
90 Days European Cover
Max 10,000 miles Per Anum
Protected No Claims included

:thumb

What's changed?

Theft appeal of a 2018 1200 GSA WC, that's what has changed

My '67 plate GS cost over £1,500 to insure as no garage. I know of two other owners of R1200's LC's not to far from me quoted similar, one a GS and the other an RS. The guy with the RS sold it and bought a used GSXR 750 and saved himself over £1,000 on insurance.

As my '63 plate was stolen and therefore a theft recorded at my address; a recent quote for a Rallye was £7,400 and only one company would quote on it - theft appeal is the problem around here. I can save over £5k by buying a standard TE - less attractive to thieves. Still considered a high risk though...

personal accident cover

Does anyone every get personal accident cover, my renewal came through and this was automatically ticked.

Never had it before

Cheers

They make us work hard every year. Bastids.

Renewal letter arrives for £395 - and they would have auto-renewed if I'd been sleeping. This is a £47 increase on last year.

GoCompare immediately comes up with £217 for something pretty close to the cover I want. Funnily enough, the current company does not appear on the GoCompare list of offers.

So I call current company to discuss - endure several minutes of music till I get a real person - and I ask for a policy costing £217 please. Looking to save £178.

Cutting an 18 minute story short - I renew with current company for £223.35 for the same fuckin' policy they offered me in renewal letter for £394.

My bike policy is due up on 10th August, so waiting with baited breath as my renewal should land on my doormat in about a week.

Had my car insurance last month. Car a year older, no claims or convictions, increased to 11 years NCB, yada yada ya yet my policy increases from £620 last year to over £740 this year. Jumped through hoops by increasing voluntary excess etc., yet Admiral could only get it down to £570. Onto the comparison sites on inter web and LV came in at £487 for the same cover with a larger cc courtesy car and zero voluntary excess.

Now let’s see what Bikesure hit me with next week.

Last year (Aug 2018) 2017 GSA TB renewed through The Bike Insurer with Hastings - £100.90 £400 total excesses. They had quoted £142.79 had I continued with their renewal letter process. In any event a good premium. :thumb
New GSA HP £ 273.36. with £525 excess.
Done The Bike Insurer and Compare The Market and there is very little movement in the premium compared to the one I achieved last year. :nenau

Back
Top Bottom