Aftermarket exhaust recommendation wanted

jc_bromley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I'm running a standard 2017 S10 except for I have a K & N air filter. I'm thinking about an ECU remap some time in the future, so with that in mind I'd like to change the end can for something a little louder, preferably with removable baffles.
I'm not after something super noisy, just a bit more road presence....

Budget wise up to the £250-300 mark if possible....

Ta,

JC;)

I have a Mivv fitted to my 2015 ZE and its fine reasonable sound with baffle in looks good and can be fitted with standard Yam exhaust cover.

Barny

I have a Mivv fitted to my 2015 ZE and its fine reasonable sound with baffle in looks good and can be fitted with standard Yam exhaust cover.

Barny

And does it miss melting the indicator?

See if Giannelli do one (ebay); they are now owned by Arrow and actually rebadged Arrow cans at reduced prices. The quality, fit and finish are superb (just as Arrow!).

And does it miss melting the indicator?

Without baffle...no. Mine melted indicator and a chunk out of number plate holder bracket.

It is a quality can but it's too loud, even with baffle, for any distance touring with ear plugs even. Came with bike, sold it soon after...

I asked earlier but didn't get a response, was hoping someone with exhaust knowledge would be able to help...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/490141-Header-change

Mines a 2012 with old school chunky indications. Maybe that's one reason why the indicator melted, no idea how the number plate bracket was affected though. I have heard elsewhere of MIVV cans and melting plastic....

Using a GPR on mine has 2 removable baffles so you can choose the volume. Half the weight of standard.
As for melting indicator (LED) my standard can done that after fitting OEM panniers.

Hi, I'm running a standard 2017 S10 except for I have a K & N air filter. I'm thinking about an ECU remap some time in the future, so with that in mind I'd like to change the end can for something a little louder, preferably with removable baffles.
I'm not after something super noisy, just a bit more road presence....

Budget wise up to the £250-300 mark if possible....

Ta,

JC;)

So when you’re sorted, where will you be going to get the ECU flash done?

Well it will be interesting to hear what they had to say about remapping a post 2014 XT1200. Please report back.

I've had a response from them confirming they can. I'll wait for the next group booking session to get it sorted....;-)

Back
Top Bottom