COBRRA NEMO 2 Chain oiler INSTALLATION.

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above. Seems a cracking bit of kit.

A couple of photos for anyone interested.

The oil hose from the unit it cable tied neatly to the clutch pipe to the slave cylinder, down and under the front sprocket cover (drilled small hole in this and cable tied tube to back edge of the cover) and along the swing arm to the rear chain 'fin'. The bracket that holds the pipe I fitted to the rear of the fin as you can see. You can see where I terminated the feed so it drops oil onto the chain just as it goes onto the sprocket.

Copying what I've done will save you an hour easily, working out where/how to run the tube took me that long and some trial and error. I was lucky I had a hand guard to fit the unit to as the brake reservoir is in the way on that side of the bar.

f415b9302ba3de3903bea494fc025c42.jpg
b23d09de754392ff26c620cf890bdc8a.jpg
1018c0ebbf65621319a626bf74e8147b.jpg
6f07c18106773362a47fc3cf8c522855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat.

Been considering one of those myself to replace my troublesome Scottoiler.

Yep, it’s about time I sorted something out for it.

It came with a bottle of heavy gear oil but I’m going to drain that out and replace it as it STINKS!

Just fitted the Tutoro I removed from my 990 in January. Your post spurred me along. Interested to know how you routed the tubing along the swingarm.

I just bolted the reservoir to the footrest hanger, ran the tubing along the top of the swingarm and bolted the dual Scottoiler nozzle to the threaded fin supports from the inside, mainly because the long m6 bolts were only partially thrreaded. Will order some fully threaded bolts and fasten it from the outside. Hopefully the chain doesn't catch the tubing as it folds into the inside of the swingarm...

IMG_20180906_133925 by deksawyer, on Flickr

IMG_20180906_133933 by deksawyer, on Flickr

IMG_20180906_133941 by deksawyer, on Flickr

I spoke to Scottoiler about fitting a dual nozzle and he didn't think it was possible possible because of limited clearance and chain slack in the 1190.

I routed the scottoiler tube under the swing arm. It's fixed in place by putting a zip tie around the tube, then slipping the tail you'd normally cut off between the swing arm and the lower chain guide. Put another on that to prevent it coming out and cut off both ends. Simple, neat and been there for thousands of miles. The supplied sticky pads fell off straight away despite cleaning with brake cleaner before application.

Cheers cookie, that's a great tip about the cable ties.

The Scottoiler dual nozzle fits extremely well, as it did on my 990 (pic below) and I did 5k miles with that fitted, so it's worth looking into...

original.jpg

I might get a dual injector and give it a go :)

Let me do some miles on it and I'll let you know if it's ok. I re-run the tubing the way you did it - much better. What a pain bleeding it again though.

D.

Cheers cookie, that's a great tip about the cable ties.

The Scottoiler dual nozzle fits extremely well, as it did on my 990 (pic below) and I did 5k miles with that fitted, so it's worth looking into...

original.jpg

Hey....that chain looks as dry as a bone and your sprocket's gone rusty! You might want to get some oil on that :blast

Indeed. That's why I fitted an oiler to the 990, amazingly, ya big orange :cock

Back
Top Bottom