Clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with their clocks/dash?
If so how was it resolved?
Jim

Do you want to be a bit more specific? The controls, LCD panel, warning lights or analogue dial?

On the XR Forum several have apparently had issues with the clocks on 2018 models, don't know anymore info but it may be worth checking that site

There is a problem with the time clocks either displaying “00.00” on restart, or, I believe, random values rather than the actual time. Replacement of the whole instrument panel is the fix.
Had mine replaced recently (on XR). Takes the dealer a while to load the bikes data to the replacement, or so I was told.
I hope this helps.

My 2018 XR clock was faulty from new as per vincentrapides post above. Fix does require complete new cluster. Mine took 5 months to arrive and a morning at the dealers as it was the first one they'd done. It's a couple of hours work normally.

Thanks guys

Both of the last posts (as it were) describe the issue. It seems it’s the “last post” for these clocks!

Been dealing with bmw uk whose customer service has been appalling even as far as construing gdpr regulation preventing them telling me when parts were going to be available in dealer.

Why has this one heralded marque dropped so low in recent years. Is it because bmw uk support staff are not bikers?

Jim

Its only the time that resets to zero each time you turn the bike of.
Fixed by dealer no biggie,

I think it depends on the dealer, The dealer I used to deal with was pretty much a shower of shit with the exception of two sales guys.

I now use Reiten Motorrad and have found all aspects of the dealership to be absolutely spot on. Ive bought a bike from them, had it serviced and had issues that were dealt with under warranty. Think the best option is to find a good dealer and let them deal with BMW uk.

Been dealing with bmw uk whose customer service has been appalling even as far as construing gdpr regulation preventing them telling me when parts were going to be available in dealer.

Why has this one heralded marque dropped so low in recent years. Is it because bmw uk support staff are not bikers?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom