BMW Dealerships in the Midlands after demise of Blade BMW

Pickaxe

Reaction score
In the wake of Blade BMW Rednal parting company with BMW, my only choice for servicing and warranty on my RT are Cotswold Motorrad or Rybrook Wolverhampton.

I'm an equal distance from either, so I'm looking for comments and recommendations, either positive or otherwise.

Thanks in advance

Cotswold look after me nicely...mind you I also live in the Cotswolds!

I'm in the same position as you but I gave up with Rednall years ago. Have used both Wolverhampton and Cotswold and have had good service from both. However, I think Cotswold have it by a smidgen.:thumb2

I purchased the present RT from Blade and got a good px price on a Kawasaki, presumably because they move bikes about their dealership network. I also bought a 1200GS in 2004 from Rednal, when it was Clarkes and a 1200RT from Stroud in 2006. I personally liked the Stroud dealership because it seemed like an old fashioned shop.

I think on balance, Cotswold is probably faster and easier to get to from Droitwich.

Cotswold have moved their premises to less than 2 miles from my home. I bought an RS from them in 2016 and have no reason to go elsewhere. My RS is booked in for a 12k service a week today.
Nick & his apprentice Dan post on here answering queries about parts & clothing. They sometimes offer clothes at a discount when they have new versions to put on display. I had a pair of Rallye 3 trousers for £150.
I recently wanted to change my Explorer for a lighter bike. Steve in bike sales was a pleasure to deal with but ultimately he could not offer me a deal to tempt me to buy new. I have had several bikes for extended test rides over the years and I changed the Explorer for a 2016, factory lowered XR. That will go to Cotswold when it needs the next service.

Andy Scott at Rybrook Wolves (service manager) a nice down to earth helpful chap.

Cotswold have been very proactive on this site :thumb2
Rybook have had quite a few negatives ( thumbs down )

Even though I've had my bike serviced at Rybrook, I'd go elsewhere.

In fact ... Mikey boy ( use search function ) has performed a major repair on my GSA to exacting standards. I'm going all out, to book him to service mine.

I'm in Shropshire, he is in Nottingham, or Near Melton Mowbray :thumby:

It pays to travel :bow

Cotwolds seems to be edging it and I think it will be a much more pleasant ride to their dealership as opposed to going north up the M5 to Wolverhampton. Go to Cotswolds and borrow a bike for the service and have a bimble.

Service completed by Cotswold Motorrad and no complaints. All very professional and an immaculate showroom, just horrendously expensive for an oil and brake fluid change, but that was to be expected.

Cotwolds seems to be edging it and I think it will be a much more pleasant ride to their dealership as opposed to going north up the M5 to Wolverhampton. Go to Cotswolds and borrow a bike for the service and have a bimble.

doing exactly this today - just back at home for lunch having taken a ride out to Bibury on a brown R1200RS

question is, do I do another loop before collecting the bike or carry on listening to TMS?

May (or more likely may not) be of interest, but all their used & pre-reg stock (21 bikes) seems to have turned up in Blade Triumph Cheltenham.

Back
Top Bottom