Interphone F4MC, TFT Display, and Nav V

trebor

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I got my new 2018 GSA with a TFT display I could pair the Interphone F4MC and my phone with the TFT. Using the TFT I could see all my music, my phone contacts, start to play music, and make phone calls, they only trouble was I couldn't hear the music, and when making phone call neither I or the other party could hear each other. :rolleyes:
However, I could successfully use my Interphone with the Nav V to both listen to music and make telephone calls.

I had the TFT software upgraded, it made no difference to the ability to use it with the Interphone.

Recently Interphone released an update to software for the F4MC, so I installed this, and Bingo, everything worked great with the TFT, I could hear music, make telephone calls successfully with both parties hearing each other, and use the Navigation App on my mobile phone. :bounce1
But, of course, the F4MC doesn't have the abilty to connect a second device so I couldn't also connect it to my Nav V.

Today, I decided to temporarily revert to just connecting the F4MC to the Nav V. I Deleted the pairing on the TFT and on the F4MC and paired the latter to the Nav V, and the Nav V to my phone. Everything connected fine. I could make telephone calls, I could hear camera alerts and navigation instructions from the Nav V. I could also start the Nav V Media Player, and the music tracks are being played, the only trouble is I can't hear them! :blast

I know the Media Player uses A2DP Bluetooth to broadcast the music to the F4MC, whereas I don't think A2DP is used for the Navigation instructions or for telephone calls. Am I correct in thinking this?

Therefore, I suspect that the A2DP driver in the new software update for the Interphone F4MC is incompatible with that in the Nav V.

Has anybody else updated their Interphone software and can confirm they have the same problem?

Cheers

Bob

same fault

When I got my new 2018 GSA with a TFT display I could pair the Interphone F4MC and my phone with the TFT. Using the TFT I could see all my music, my phone contacts, start to play music, and make phone calls, they only trouble was I couldn't hear the music, and when making phone call neither I or the other party could hear each other. :rolleyes:
However, I could successfully use my Interphone with the Nav V to both listen to music and make telephone calls.

I had the TFT software upgraded, it made no difference to the ability to use it with the Interphone.

Recently Interphone released an update to software for the F4MC, so I installed this, and Bingo, everything worked great with the TFT, I could hear music, make telephone calls successfully with both parties hearing each other, and use the Navigation App on my mobile phone. :bounce1
But, of course, the F4MC doesn't have the abilty to connect a second device so I couldn't also connect it to my Nav V.

Today, I decided to temporarily revert to just connecting the F4MC to the Nav V. I Deleted the pairing on the TFT and on the F4MC and paired the latter to the Nav V, and the Nav V to my phone. Everything connected fine. I could make telephone calls, I could hear camera alerts and navigation instructions from the Nav V. I could also start the Nav V Media Player, and the music tracks are being played, the only trouble is I can't hear them! :blast

I know the Media Player uses A2DP Bluetooth to broadcast the music to the F4MC, whereas I don't think A2DP is used for the Navigation instructions or for telephone calls. Am I correct in thinking this?

Therefore, I suspect that the A2DP driver in the new software update for the Interphone F4MC is incompatible with that in the Nav V.

Has anybody else updated their Interphone software and can confirm they have the same problem?

Cheers

Bob

Hi Trebor

a friend and myself have the same issue did you get your problem resolved

cheers

Hi Trebor

a friend and myself have the same issue did you get your problem resolved

cheers

No not yet. I've sent a message direct to interphone about it but not heard anything back. I have since heard the importers, Nevis Marketing, are good at responding to tech. queries, so I've also sent them a message. It is definitely a problem with the new driver, I've just paired up a Sena SRL with the Nav V and it works fine.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom