Transmission cases

Thirsty 1

Reaction score
Had a big off today and broke the left peg mounts off of the transmission. Bruised left shoulder and my helmet worked - slight concussion. Are K bike trans cases the same as gs? I'm looking for cases to fix my 04' GSA.

Best solution is likely to be a s/h gearbox from one of the usual suspects (M/works, Sherlock, etc). Try for a new one and the insurers may prefer to write it off as 'beyond economic repair'.

Think I have a set of cases if you are planning a trip.
Do you have many Bmw indies over in your area?

yes we have a few indies here in Seattle. I do my own work so that's sorted out. I found a used trans on ebay for $275 usd. The splines are bad so I'll transfer the gear sets over to the good cases. I've been into 3 other transmissions but all on K bikes. That's why I asked about K bikes. Different block so I should have known :blast. My left shoulder and helmet took all of the hit. Low sided on a big rut doing around 35mph. The bike stopped and I kept going. My shoulder HURTS! I can hardly hold a cup of coffee. I rode out of the desert to the hwy and on to my home here. 150 miles. The bike held together with the right side mount only and it was a bit scary on the hwy. The trans. case was so hot I couldn't touch it with my fingers.

Thank you for the offer it is very much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom