Clutch replacement

alex_rsa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone done a clutch replacement? I have done nearly 54000 town miles and have about 3mm of travel left and a forearm like Popeye so replacement needed before I am stranded.

Trying to find the parts as a reasonable price is proving tricky, I assume form the fact that a clutch change is a novelty on an 800GS.

Motobins have what looks like a complete BMW kit for £300 and motorworks have what looks like a full kit (with no brand) for £230.

Places like EBC and TRM list clutch parts/kits but i cannot find anyone in the UK who stocks them, also what are EBC clutches like as I have not heard good things about their brake pads?

thanks

Alex

Did mine about three year ago at 68,000 miles.
I stuck with the OEM replacement kit as you get new springs as well as the clutch plates, now coming up to 96,000 and it’s happy.
Fairly easy job to do, I laid bike over on its LH side, saved dumping the oil, took about 45 mins, buy a new gasket and ensure you set-up the free play at the clutch lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your forearm is like Popeyes it might’ve prudent to check the clutch cable. JJH

I did mine a couple of years back at low..ish miles after i managed to cook it off road in Portugal, i tried the motorworks option but wasn't that happy with it, despite adjustments always seemed to have a clunk/jump when engaging 1st which i never had before. By chance i picked up a bottom end from a 14 plate with 2k on the clock and fitted that all good. Swapped the flywheel over as well being the later/modified version.

Suprised Micky hasnt been on , original clutch , rear brake pads , tyres, tank of fuel as I broke it out of its crate 100,000 km ago

Steve

Suprised Micky hasnt been on , original clutch , rear brake pads , tyres, tank of fuel as I broke it out of its crate 100,000 km ago

Steve

He hasn't spent 40000 miles commuting into London, i struggle to get 6000 miles out of a set of brakes and my 1200 clutch only lasts 30000 miles..😁

Back
Top Bottom