St1100 rear shock replacement?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The OEM shock on my ST1100 Pan is feeling a bit tired (62,000 miles)

Don't want to spend a fortune on a replacement , so budget wise which replacement offers the best Value for money? I'd imagine any of them ( Nitron,Wilbers,Hagon etc) will be a vast improvement on the tired original :confused:

I put a Hagon with remote adjuster on mine some years back. Worked just fine.

That standard Hagons seem a bit cheaper than the competition.. Not sure I'd need the remote :thumb

Bryn also check out the YSS which is reckoned to be pretty good on the
ST Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That standard Hagons seem a bit cheaper than the competition.. Not sure I'd need the remote :thumb
Hagon are really good to deal with,1st class service.
My only criticism of the product would be that the shocks seem,to me ,a bit underdamped.
Have a look at ,the shock factory.set up locally and manufactured in France.
I’m going to place an order in a week or so so may get a bit of a discount.
Mike

Bryn also check out the YSS which is reckoned to be pretty good on the
ST Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will have a look :thumb

Hagon are really good to deal with,1st class service.
My only criticism of the product would be that the shocks seem,to me ,a bit underdamped.
Have a look at ,the shock factory.set up locally and manufactured in France.
I’m going to place an order in a week or so so may get a bit of a discount.
Mike

Sounds interesting ref the French shock ..I'lll have a look ...... by the sound of it I'll forget the Hagon then if its underdamped.

:beerjug:

I've looked into this too being a reluctantly happy st11 owner...�� yss seem good vfm... Basic wilbers seem a descent price fae Europe... I've stuck with the orig at the mo but it does lose damping if hammered... Had a run up to scrabster via east coast and invernss/helmsdale etc and some great fast twisties... Surprisingly good fun for a 20 year old scruffy bus o a thing... I'm sort f hooked as the st11 is just so all round useful...��

Hagon made me a shock for my Blade earlier this year They put on a spring to suit my weight geared up and it works really well It cost £300 for the mono with no remote res I found them to be a good company to talk to :thumb

:beerjug:

I think I'm going to go with the shock factory suggestion, competitive pricing and the importer is local ...not in any particular hurry , I'd guess any replacement will be better than an 18 year old 60,000 mile shock :thumb2

I'm also loving the old bike :cool:

I'm considering the M Shocks for your old yellow GSA Bryn. Why don't you order yours now then let me know what they are like :D

Back
Top Bottom