Is my front ESA shock working?

Nige P

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I'm making a concerted effort to use all the settings on the ESA to help me decide on whether to keep it or go back to the old fashioned style of shocks when I renew in the near future.

Now I can definitely feel a difference in all the settings while riding and was starting to think it was worth keeping, but then I realised that there didn't seem to be much change up front. So how can I easily check this? I tried holding onto the gubbins to feel if it was working but the engine vibes sort of masked any sign of life.

From memory the front preload only increases when you select the max off road (mountain symbol) on the display - initially I thought my front preload adjust was not working, but it was actually ok ! Don’t forget preload adjustments only happen with engine running and bike stationary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed it’s the back shock that rises up and sinks when you change the settings. I think it’s the damping that changes on the front. JJH

Front preload changes too, but only on the max preload setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nadda, nowt, soddall going on. Boo

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

On the mountain setting mine rises on the front by a few inches.

Nadda, nowt, soddall going on. Boo

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Do you have access to a GS911? If you did you could stick it on and see if there is a fault present.
If there is, it can be cleared and then (if you register your VIN in the 911) you can try carrying out
a calibration. Just because it's not working at present doesn't mean it's fooked as mine did it and a
re-calibration woke it up again; it has worked ever since.

Nope, no GS911, just a FBH :thumb2

I think the scales are tipping towards the Nitron side.

Back
Top Bottom