Thread: Michelin Road 5

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Michelin Road 5

Anyone tried them?

I got a new set fitted to my SA yesterday as the regular TA2s were out of stock.

The journos seem to like them - so will keep you all posted.
    I've gone orange 1290 SA

I have them fitted on my GSA (WC), and am loving them. Only done a few hundred miles yet, it'll be interesting to see what they look like at 5,000

The previous Road 4's got good reviews but were absolutely awful on my ZZR.
    Michelins never suited the 10R either tbh.
    Will be going to a much more road orientated tyre over winter on the GS when the rear Annakee fully squares off as the front is getting ridged too now from "spirited riding" and almost 11k miles so looking to see which is the best across a varied source - not just the journos.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    I have them fitted on my GSA (WC), and am loving them. Only done a few hundred miles yet, it'll be interesting to see what they look like at 5,000
    Me too, had RP 4s on but have swapped for pilot 5 and we did 2500 miles down around Andorra and back with plenty of spirited mountain riding whilst down there and they have been faultless, in my opinion excellent and confidence inspiring in both the dry and wet. In Andorra it was thrashing it down and the roads in the city were awful but they behaved perfectly

Good to hear - cheers!
    I've gone orange 1290 SA