Michelin Road 5

V2 TRV

Reaction score
Anyone tried them?

I got a new set fitted to my SA yesterday as the regular TA2s were out of stock.

The journos seem to like them - so will keep you all posted.

I have them fitted on my GSA (WC), and am loving them. Only done a few hundred miles yet, it'll be interesting to see what they look like at 5,000 ;)

The previous Road 4's got good reviews but were absolutely awful on my ZZR.
Michelins never suited the 10R either tbh.
Will be going to a much more road orientated tyre over winter on the GS when the rear Annakee fully squares off as the front is getting ridged too now from "spirited riding" and almost 11k miles so looking to see which is the best across a varied source - not just the journos.

I have them fitted on my GSA (WC), and am loving them. Only done a few hundred miles yet, it'll be interesting to see what they look like at 5,000 ;)
Me too, had RP 4s on but have swapped for pilot 5 and we did 2500 miles down around Andorra and back with plenty of spirited mountain riding whilst down there and they have been faultless, in my opinion excellent and confidence inspiring in both the dry and wet. In Andorra it was thrashing it down and the roads in the city were awful but they behaved perfectly

Michelin road 5 trail

Hi

I see from the Michelin site that the rear is is a slightly wider and lower profile than the standard size fitment. I have OE size PR4's at present and they have been fantastic on my GSA LC.

Any comments on the Road 5 fitment and if the size has made any noticeable difference to handling or fitting under the rear mudsling?

Thanks

Just had a set fitted to my GSA Rallye last week, so far very impressed, quiet, smooth, and confidence inspiring in the wet. When wheeling the bike out of the garage they rub slightly on the mudsling, but not once i'm sat on the bike. PR4's have been my firm favorite till now so will have to see if they wear better and dont suffer from the "cupping" wear that the PR4's do.

Back
Top Bottom