Flapper Valve

dancerdave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Removed the flapper valve and servo and unlike everyone else :blast I have a dash yellow warning light and an engine symbol in the digital bit. Is this new to the 2018 models and if I replaced the servo minus the cables would this work?

You are not alone. This will happen on Euro 4 bikes. It did with mine. I bought a Servo Buddy. Clips into the loom replacing the whole servo. To reset the lights on the dash start and stop the bike about 5 times. The light will go out.

What is the benefit by removing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it was simply noise but seems to be a weakness and over time they seize up like the exup valve in Yamahas. Matter of choice. I didn't like the look of it either.

For me it was simply noise but seems to be a weakness and over time they seize up like the exup valve in Yamahas. Matter of choice. I didn't like the look of it either.
Does removiing it make the exhaust louder?

You are not alone. This will happen on Euro 4 bikes. It did with mine. I bought a Servo Buddy. Clips into the loom replacing the whole servo. To reset the lights on the dash start and stop the bike about 5 times. The light will go out.

Thanks Paul. Came this morning and as you said after starting the bike 5 or 6 times the fault light went out.
Cheers

I removed mine on the Turban but left the servo in place and just disconnected the cables and removed the flapper valve, 2018 Turban, no warning lights, but admittedly I still have the small servo box sitting on the frame and the electrics plugged into it.

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 281
Took mine off the Racer but put it back on as only way to keep the bike relatively quiet at low revs without any silencer on the bike!

Back
Top Bottom