LiveWire

You’ll be long dead by then

I think it's mostly about fast charging. A range of 200 miles then a 20 minute charge while you have a coffee would suit most everybody. 100 miles and 3hr charge really won't. I guess making bikes accept supercharging isn't there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a lot of weight up high,

but then again it depends how much weight.

Range and recharging are the next deciding factor

$45K are they insane? $15K maybe...

Will they fit a loudspeaker to make the familiar Harley sounds?

Twenty years will we be listening to this electric motor whine, and say ah that must be a Harley, or that must be a twin motor BMW etc....

:nenau

Seems a lot of things in the US are a little bonkers at the mo...

You must be joking. A brand like Harley with good spec components £15k? No. Buy £45k would make you cough...and then say no ta. Would like a test ride though.

On reading the article it does seem they've added fast charging though. That's the right way to go I guess.

Please, no more replies to this effing thread. I would imagine 99.9% of tossers on here would not buy one.
Similar to the HD Gelande Sport model highlighted earlier.
There are currently more than one way available today and in the foreseeable future to become a HOG member or a ‘100%’ biker without forking out loads of dosh. Unless you want to be nicknamed ‘battery boy’ or ‘Duracell bunny’.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Seems a lot of things in the US are a little bonkers at the mo...

They are? Business is great, the economy is roaring along now, optimism is up....

What prompted my reference to Harley's $45K price is for 1/3 that amount you can buy a nice Zero electric motorcycle. https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-ds/

I've pondered buying one but the range just isn't far enough (yet) for how and where I typically ride. Electric will undoubtedly replace piston engine vehicles just a matter of when.....

When they cost the price of normal bikes, have a range of 500 miles and recharge in 10 minutes then I will be interested but for now they remain impractical and over priced.

+1, great idea I would have one in a heartbeat, as SOON as they have a decent range (at least that of a tank of fuel) and recharge in the time taken for a fag and a cuppa, anything else is pointless

fit a sidecar put a briggs and Stratton generator in it connect up and you have a hybrid.
2 pieces of cardboard held on with clothes pegs rubbing against the rear wheel spokes, makes a engine noise.
I must suggest this to the wankers at HD.

Livewire price drops from “don’t even bother marketing it” to just expensive, which is a step in the right direction. IMO there are at least two issues that’ll hold it back to more of a novelty purchase.

Range: they claim only 110 miles which is pretty low but even worse it’ll likely only achieve that in slow speed city type riding. If it’s like other battery motorcycles range will drop a lot (maybe to 70 miles) running it at speed out on the open road.

Present Price of Gas/ Petrol: It’s crazy low now even with all the road taxes.

4ce99ff686e06b4b03869989b3100461.jpg
befb9feddb533a61a03ed16ff5a50b8b.jpg
7831133a855a33299747a6846d8e9956.jpg
05be552ae229d025254c8583b5194d4f.jpg

There was a demo bike connected to a rolling road at Goodwood three weeks ago. Clearly its a large bike, but I echo the whine it makes. Also they had massive fans in front of it, I m guessing to aid the water cooling.

£10,000 cheaper and it would be worth considering.
Don’t want to test ride one. If I like it, I can’t afford to buy it.

Think it looks a lot better than the Zero. Although not seen either in the flesh.

How are they going to tax electric when half the population own them?

A chap I know has the first one coming here as soon as they are available. I do think it looks all right, but too expensive for the ordinary folk.

Don't want to be a doom merchant but I suspect the depreciation will be severe if electric cars are anything to go by!

Bought a 2016 i3 2 months old and 240 miles on it for £32k. New price was £39k with all the spec on it. 12 months later when the i3S model came out they offered me £19k for it That's 50% loss in 14 months. Why? Because a newer model with a better range had been launched and nobody wanted the old one....so they say. The range is almost irrelevant because it has a petrol motor that kicks in when the battery runs out.

Suspect early adopters will be hit very hard with this bike no matter how good it is. Agree with Nick...needed to be £10k cheaper at least to work. And double the range. Be amazed if they sell 20 in a year.

Maybe Boris can rouse people to adopt this new tech

Back
Top Bottom