Bloody Lucky (Touratech lid)

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got home today to find the lid off one of my Touratech Zega panniers missing.... NOT happy.
I retraced my steps and found it about 10 miles down the road in a grass bank (I'll do the lottery later !!) I've heard of people securing these with a wire so they can't get lost, has anyone a picture of how they've done it for me to see please ?
Thanks

That makes sense. I didn't want to drill the lids or the boxes :beerjug:

personally, I wouldn't want that attached on a cord and flapping about near my rear wheel if it came off.

Just put a tie down strap, over the box soon removed and lid will go nowhere. Lost mine in Patagonia and lost it along with a new pair of jeans!!. New lid from TT was £66.00. in 2007, this will also stop box coming off over bumpy roads.

Never thought the TT locks would withstand a gentle tap. If you drill out the holes at the bottom of the locking lever and the corresponding ones on the body of the lock, you can pass a long shank U padlock through. Much more effective and probably cheaper than the TT ones. They look the business too and would deter any opportunist while you're in the cafe.

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2260.jpg
    IMG_2260.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 223
I lost mine (Touratech Zega 1st Gen, larger right side) yesterday somewhere on the A515 out of the Peak District. If anyone finds one its mine!

Does anyone know any way to get a replacement? I'm a bit stuck without it.

I lost mine (Touratech Zega 1st Gen, larger right side) yesterday somewhere on the A515 out of the Peak District. If anyone finds one its mine!

Does anyone know any way to get a replacement? I'm a bit stuck without it.

Touratec or possibly s/h motorworks

Lost the lid off my Caja Sahel several years ago, discovered it missing in Llyswen and found it several miles away just outside Rhayader.

It was somewhat flatter than I remembered :(

Back
Top Bottom