Bridgestone tyres?

Nick dj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I fitted Bridgestone tyres to my Twin Cam GS and loved them.
Has anyone fitted them to their LC GS ?

Would you recommend then? I do not do any off road riding.\

Thanks Nick

Tyres are a personal thing, If you had them on your twin cam and were happy with them why would they be any different on the new bike, I used BT 021/023 on my r1100s and when the tourances on the GS needed changing I fitted some on the GS, work fine for me but maybe not for a Dunlop/Michelin user. Good prices for 023's at the moment from the visorshop. (Hexhead) sizes.

Al.

As I've said on a couple of other threads, I recently fitted A41s and I like them. Confidence inspiring on both wet and dry roads (very wet coming back from Silverstone Moto gp). I'll fit them again when these wear out. I don't ride off road either.

I’ve been using T31’s and find that grip in both wet and dry conditions have given no cause for alarm. However, unlike some I’m no riding god so can’t comment on “on the edge” performance. They are wearing well. They do seem a bit noisy though.

I fitted Bridgestone tyres to my Twin Cam GS and loved them.
Has anyone fitted them to their LC GS ?

Would you recommend then? I do not do any off road riding.\

Thanks Nick

You may by now have realised they make more than one tyre to fit your bike. I'm running T30 Evos and love them, also availlable to fit your bike.

A41s are terrible in the wet

No, they're not. I rode back from Silverstone Moto gp in torrential rain without any "moments". I was overtaking most cars on dual carriageways without going over 70 mph. Their wider, flatter tyres coped worse than my A41s. I was gentle and fairly upright on roundabouts as the conditions prevented leaning the bike too far.

If you had "moments" in the wet, you were trying to outride the conditions. :rob

I loved the BT23’s and thought the T30’s were ok, but just fitted a set of new T31’s to my 67 plate R1200GS.

Horrendous. Took them on tour to the Pico’s and tried fairly spirited riding through the mountains, but the front continually felt like it either wouldn’t turn in or would give me no confidence in the wet.

Thankfully they lasted about 3,500 miles before the rear was done so I could change them to the excellent Dunlop Roadsmart 3’s.

For my style of riding I’ve not found a better road tyre for the GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved the BT23’s and thought the T30’s were ok, but just fitted a set of new T31’s to my 67 plate R1200GS.

Horrendous. Took them on tour to the Pico’s and tried fairly spirited riding through the mountains, but the front continually felt like it either wouldn’t turn in or would give me no confidence in the wet.

Thankfully they lasted about 3,500 miles before the rear was done so I could change them to the excellent Dunlop Roadsmart 3’s.

For my style of riding I’ve not found a better road tyre for the GS.

Hey Bruce, Roadsmart 3 vs Roadtec 01?

No, they're not. I rode back from Silverstone Moto gp in torrential rain without any "moments". I was overtaking most cars on dual carriageways without going over 70 mph. Their wider, flatter tyres coped worse than my A41s. I was gentle and fairly upright on roundabouts as the conditions prevented leaning the bike too far.

If you had "moments" in the wet, you were trying to outride the conditions. :rob

Oh bore off, you sound like the missenden flyer. Riding at 20 mph upright ooooo confidence inspiring shit.

You rode like a fanny and claim the tyres are good. If the tyres don't let you rode like you should they are shit.

Racing wet tyres allow the bike to be leaned over on a track.

A41s are shit in the wet

Hey Bruce, Roadsmart 3 vs Roadtec 01?

Dunlop Roadsmart 3’s all day long.

The Metzelers are fantastic in the wet and for the first 2,000 Miles were great in the dry. However at around their ‘half-life’ (which for me was about the 2K mile mark) they started to slip when pushed hard in the corners.

I’ve spoken to some mates in the tyre trade and it’s apparently something they’re known for, you either like it or you don’t, and I didn’t.

The rear was absolutely done at 4,300 miles on the GS.

The Dunlop’s Roadsmart 3’s are equally as good in the wet, fantastic in the dry, have always felt great in the bends and when accelerating hard out of them, plus I’ve had up to 6,500 miles out a rear (although the last set I only got about 4,500 miles out the rear?)

So far out of the tyres I’ve tried for the GS (Anakees, Tourance Next, T31’s, Roadtec 01’s and Roadsmart 3’s), the Dunlop’s are the best for general spirited road riding by far for me.

Like Andyscot sait Bridgestone are indeed terrible in the wet...2 seconds slower a lap than Pirelli and Michelin at this years MOTORRAD tire test ! Metzeler,Conti were still 1 second a lap faster than the Bridgestone.Only Dunlop RS3 were worse than the Bridgestone in the wet...0,3 seconds off.
Best street tire for dry roads on the GS are Conti RA3...:thumb2
Actually too good as you will run out of ground clearance on the ADV before they run out of stick...

Have A41's on my GS LC. Have no problems with them at all. Whatever the weather. I ride all year round and have clocked up just over 30,000 miles on my 13 plate.
I'd fit them again. We're all free to choose our own favourite tyres.

New to the GS, I can't comment on how they work on the BMW. However, I've had Bridgestone T30 EVOs fitted to my FJR1300 and found them ideal for me. My first set lasted 7,000 miles in all sorts of conditions, including a day haring around Cadwell Park (fast group), and a tour of the Picos and Pyrenees. I'm having T30's fitted to my VFR which is used primarily for winter use and track days, and will consider them for my GS when they're due to be replaced.

Been using Bridgestone a A40 and A41s on my GSA Rallye and Super Ten for some time now.

I think they're great tyres for the type of riding I do. Long lasting and no issues in the wet or dry.

Far quieter on the GSA than the origianal Anakee 3s

Mike

Heard a lot of good things about A41's including some testing in wet conditions where they, Roadtech 01's, Pirelli Scorpion 2's and Metzeler Tourance Next outshone most of the competition. Still can't decide between that little lot as my PR4 Trails are now at the end of their life and I wouldn't want another set of those due to their odd wear profile (they lose their profile too quickly and the fronts have gone asymmetric with steeper evident shoulder wear one side than another). Never liked their wet weather manners either.

Dunlop Roadsmart 3’s all day long.

The Metzelers are fantastic in the wet and for the first 2,000 Miles were great in the dry. However at around their ‘half-life’ (which for me was about the 2K mile mark) they started to slip when pushed hard in the corners.

I’ve spoken to some mates in the tyre trade and it’s apparently something they’re known for, you either like it or you don’t, and I didn’t.

The rear was absolutely done at 4,300 miles on the GS.

The Dunlop’s Roadsmart 3’s are equally as good in the wet, fantastic in the dry, have always felt great in the bends and when accelerating hard out of them, plus I’ve had up to 6,500 miles out a rear (although the last set I only got about 4,500 miles out the rear?)

So far out of the tyres I’ve tried for the GS (Anakees, Tourance Next, T31’s, Roadtec 01’s and Roadsmart 3’s), the Dunlop’s are the best for general spirited road riding by far for me.

Have you tried the new PR5 , they are great just don't last. But they stick like siht to a blanket in the dry and are very good in the wet.
May try the Road Smarts again , think it was the 2 and didn't like them but things improve so I will give them another try based on your comments on the spare set of rims .

Visited the dealer today on an unrelated matter and asked for feedback on what tyres people were fitting and how they got on with them. My PR4's are shot as previously mentioned and scary in even slightly damp conditions due to being squared off. I won't be going back to Michelins. It seems that Roadtech01's are still very popular, as are the soft and sticky Scorpion 2 tyres. Loads of people seem to be going onto the new A41 from Bridgestone and whilst they're too new to comment much about mileage, the dealer said that feedback from customers was all very positive. Those and Tourance Next tyres seem to be the most popular choices with them.

Back
Top Bottom