Scan tool

That android scan tool looks remarkably similar to the OBDEleven scanner for VAG cars. I wonder if you can use the same scanner on a GS and an Audi, I might be interested ?.

https://obdeleven.com/en/home/25-obdeleven-device.html

https://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/b...le-obd-kit-obdlink-lx-and-10-pin-adapter.html

I can see no limits to the number of VIN mentioned, unlike the GS911 I have that only does 10 bikes (unless upgraded to the Pro version at extra cost).

Yes sir, you can use the same scanner to work on your car for sure. You just need the compatible software, these guys link you to obdlink.com for car software, pretty sure that that will work with your audi but if not it's just a matter of downloading the correct software. The OBDII protocol is pretty much standard.

There's no limit on how many vehicles you can use this tool on.

Yes sir, you can use the same scanner to work on your car for sure. You just need the compatible software, these guys link you to obdlink.com for car software, pretty sure that that will work with your audi but if not it's just a matter of downloading the correct software. The OBDII protocol is pretty much standard.

There's no limit on how many vehicles you can use this tool on.

So, what exactly can it do? How far can it go? Can it re-calibrate the ESA? Can it pair up the TP sensors etc.
I'm interested to know as if it can do all the GS911 can do it's a good, cheap replacement for it.

So, what exactly can it do? How far can it go? Can it re-calibrate the ESA? Can it pair up the TP sensors etc.
I'm interested to know as if it can do all the GS911 can do it's a good, cheap replacement for it.

It's up to the software, they suggest Motoscan for the GSs. Look around Motoscan, plenty of videos on youtube, etc. I was playing around with it yesterday and was able to reset the service light, set it up to whatever date I wanted, change the average from mpg to kms, change the BAR pressure from the TPS to PSI, checked that there were no error codes on the engine, checked error codes on the management system and cleared an error from the heated grips (which are not working at the moment). You can do live scans where it will show you the live data of all the sensors, etc...

Plenty to do! I haven't used the GS911 but one of the main things people would say is that GS911 will give you a more extensive narrative of what's going on, where this tool will most likely give you just an error code and a very short description. For example, with the heated grips I get a "A30D" code which I know have to research to see what's going on there. Just as an example...

It's up to the software, they suggest Motoscan for the GSs. Look around Motoscan, plenty of videos on youtube, etc. I was playing around with it yesterday and was able to reset the service light, set it up to whatever date I wanted, change the average from mpg to kms, change the BAR pressure from the TPS to PSI, checked that there were no error codes on the engine, checked error codes on the management system and cleared an error from the heated grips (which are not working at the moment). You can do live scans where it will show you the live data of all the sensors, etc...

Plenty to do! I haven't used the GS911 but one of the main things people would say is that GS911 will give you a more extensive narrative of what's going on, where this tool will most likely give you just an error code and a very short description. For example, with the heated grips I get a "A30D" code which I know have to research to see what's going on there. Just as an example...

Ok. thank's for that :thumb2

So, forget the mundane values, does it reset all adaptations ? does it re-calibrate the engine idle motors, does it re-calibrate the exhaust valve, does it turn off the stepper motors when synchronising the throttles, etc etc etc

I don't see the value on subscribing to be honest, I only use it every now and then (as you can see by my 160 posts in the past 2 years).

That's just your recorded posts... what about simply accessing any of the available info at any time ?

But i agree, there's is no mandatory requirement to spend a pound a month.

Back
Top Bottom