Cardo PackTalk - my opinion

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If you are thinking of changing or buying a comms set then I would just like to let you know my thoughts from a weekend away doing the NC500.

On the final day home, 625 miles and 13.5 hours total time the PackTalk still had battery life. There were three of us connected via the DMC and at n point did we experience dropout.

Super impressed with this device and well worth the expense (£140) to change from an Interphone F5MC unit which, if we were lucky would only last for approximately 4-6 hours max.

I concur.
I also have a Shuberth C3PRO with SRC (which has been demoted after 4 years to the daily commute lid). I now have an Arai Tour X4 with a Packtalk fitted. I went for cardo as they made the SRC system for Shuberth which I have always been happy with.
Great volume, works flawlessly in Mesh mode and links to my Nav 5 as it should. Now the Packtalk Bold is out you can get a Packtalk for good money too.

Neil

Just make sure you don't upgrade to 4.0 you will loose quite a lot of controle ie voice and radio

I have been looking to buy one this week, where is the best place to buy it from?

I was also very pleased with the customer service I received from them my set was apx 20 months old and as I use it to the max every day nave phone and music the battery was getting weak so asked if their was a battery replacement they just exchanged it for a new one as it has 2 years warranty on it

I have been looking to buy one this week, where is the best place to buy it from?

I got mine from Amazon.
Cardo Scala has very good web pages for firmware upgrades and the phone app is great for setting them up. Top tip; if you want more volume then turn off the auto adjust (which makes it louder as ambient noise increases) this will allow you to increase the volume even higher manually. I’m mutton Jeff and it is far too loud even for me when set up like this. All the complicated set up can be done either with the unit plugged in to your computer or via the phone app when out and about.

Thinking about my next intercom after sena 20s failed days out of warranty
Issues are that most people I ride with have sena 20s and it would need to easily connect up
Sena theoritcally can link with non sena products but practice is very different!
Also waterproofing on sena is more down to luck than design
Any views on connectivity will be very helpful

Thinking about my next intercom after sena 20s failed days out of warranty
Issues are that most people I ride with have sena 20s and it would need to easily connect up
Sena theoritcally can link with non sena products but practice is very different!
Also waterproofing on sena is more down to luck than design
Any views on connectivity will be very helpful

Theoretically it should just link via the Bluetooth settings which is an easy procedure via the app or buttons. That said, Sena do tend to be a pain in linking when not to another Sena. No idea as to why as it is just Bluetooth.

As for waterproofing... I rode back from Scotland to Surrey and had constant rain for half the journey.... I can report that there were no issues and the system remained fully functional throughout the whole journey. Hope this helps.

Theoretically it should just link via the Bluetooth settings which is an easy procedure via the app or buttons. That said, Sena do tend to be a pain in linking when not to another Sena. No idea as to why as it is just Bluetooth.

As for waterproofing... I rode back from Scotland to Surrey and had constant rain for half the journey.... I can report that there were no issues and the system remained fully functional throughout the whole journey. Hope this helps.

Yes thanks it does!
My sena also seemed to cope with many days of rain right up until it failed!
I have just heard that one of my touring pals has also just had his 20s fail and just out of warranty too!!
Looks very like we will all be Packtalk before long soBT issue may be moot!!

Yes thanks it does!
My sena also seemed to cope with many days of rain right up until it failed!
I have just heard that one of my touring pals has also just had his 20s fail and just out of warranty too!!
Looks very like we will all be Packtalk before long soBT issue may be moot!!

Just on another point, of you have bespoke earplugs with built in speakers you can plug them straight in to the PackTalk. Perfect hearing and no wind buffeting in the ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just on another point, of you have bespoke earplugs with built in speakers you can plug them straight in to the PackTalk. Perfect hearing and no wind buffeting in the ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes UE custom earplugs use is a must have option to plug in, high quality music for those boring mway type bits, as well as those roads where the right type of music makes the experience outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom