Put A Value On This For Me Please

I will put a value on your virtually brand new Gsa and very likeley all the new riding kit you havent mentioned,
An opportuntiy to realize what a great all year any weather motorcycle you have,,,,,,,

I went out with a local group of gsers many years ago having switched from sports bikes, just like Warlords offer to you,
It was pouring with rain and i could easliy have backed out, but i had wet gear and turned up not knowing anyone,
We travelled many miles on all sorts of roads and the rain never stopped ,me and the bike were filthy,and i really enjoyed it,
You have owned the bike 9 months and it has like many things in life become a redundant possesion,
Take the offer ignore the weather on the day and let the bike show you some adventures, and the great gser community,
Warlord knows you have been out of biking so give it a go and start burning some petrol instead of money,
Roamer,,

I’d get ready for a kick in the nads, I got 14k for low miler 17 plate gsa triple black with Nav, Akra n luggge in June. Supplying dealer couldn’t even be arsed making me an offer.

I’d get ready for a kick in the nads, I got 14k for low miler 17 plate gsa triple black with Nav, Akra n luggge in June. Supplying dealer couldn’t even be arsed making me an offer.

And there we have a definitive answer

Seems my original punt of £13k coming into winter is not too far out

These GS & GSA bikes are awash in the market place, so expect some very low ball offers from the trade or private punters

Crazy when a 30 year old airhead GS is selling for over £10k - supply and demand though

And there we have a definitive answer

Seems my original punt of £13k coming into winter is not too far out

These GS & GSA bikes are awash in the market place, so expect some very low ball offers from the trade or private punters

Crazy when a 30 year old airhead GS is selling for over £10k - supply and demand though

You could be right with that punt next year......

... it isn't over yet. All this could be saved :thumb

Already got one numpty.

Living in a Black Forrest with the elves you probably dont realise its a buyers market out here, especially with all the pcp's coming to an end!!:blast

So offer your stupid 12 grand to the Op and see what he says, FFS get real black forest or not, just stop being a knob.

And not one person has mentioned the new model coming out ....

And not one person has mentioned the new model coming out ....

Yes, interesting, that. I've recently gone through the decision-making process having decided to sell my Triumph Tiger 1050 and buy a GS. Apart from the impatience factor (I want a bike NOW!), I wanted to stay with a known quantity. Although there's the argument that the new bike will have a bit more power/torque, you don't read many messages in here from owners bemoaning their current machine's lack of power or torque. Or the handling and ride characteristics. Or that it's uncomfortable, or complaining it's missing some bit of electronics wizardry etc. That's why I was drawn to a GS, those who have them regard them as a great all round package, good at everything, also fun to ride. So the 2019 model didn't appeal.

Coming to the other stuff in the thread about used v old and pricing, I was initially looking at 2016/17 bikes. But as I researched more I discovered there were improvements in the later bikes, particularly the gearbox and the dash. I looked at private versus dealer bikes, and decided that for piece of mind the dealer 2 year warranty on all used bikes was worth a lot to me. I didn't discount the idea of a private sale out of hand, but it had to be a particularly appealing bike or keenly priced to compete.

Another factor then became the fact that a new bike now comes with a 3 year warranty including Euro breakdown cover. Of course you pay a premium for a new bike, like you do a new car, the pleasure of collecting a pristine machine with zero road rash, no scratches on the paintwork, the knowledge that you can run it in as you want. The OP knows all about this, he bought his bike new last year. That premium is also offset for some by the PCP deals, I did look at a demonstrator but the dealer pointed out that on PCP the new bike worked out smaller payments.

Sadly for all these reasons you take a disproportionately big hit when you buy a new bike/car and sell within a few months. It's a fact of life. I like Warlord's approach, best thing the OP can do is fall back in love with the bike he's got :)

Wise words - or cut his losses and walk

Wise words - or cut his losses and walk

... and that would be a shame.

It isn't about the bike, it's about how it makes you feel.

It's about your mates, the laughs, the adventures, the scrapes, the jokes, the weather and all it brings, the food, the chatter, the fun, the people you meet along the way, and the feeling knackered but happy when you get home. The memories.

The actual bike, whatever that might be, comes down low on the list.

If you make it all about the bike and nothing else, you're already pretty low down the list of fun.

Look at the Top Gear lads (The Grand Tour). Some of their most epic moments were in old scrappers. They all fell so much in love with these piles of junk they paid to have them brought back to the UK.

It's all about the memories.

... and it isn't about being perfect either, some of the funniest and most repeated stories are of misfortune or scrapes. You had to have been there moments :D

He’d forgotten why he gave up 15 years back - buying this reminded him.

Actually bothe the manufacturer 3-year and approved used 2-year warranties are entirely transferable to the new owner. You get the balance of the warranty rather than the full amount, but otherwise rights are the same.
I’ve had mine for sale for a few weeks but I’m going to keep it as it’s not worth losing £5K+ and dealing with idiot tyre-kickers who say they’re definitely interested... then nothing.

Truth is - cheap PCP has destroyed the private used sale market, but only for nearly new bikes. The bargains usually start from 4 year old as BMW dealers don’t want them.

PCPs have destroyed the SH prices all the way down to about £7-8K, and when you say ‘The bargains usually start.......” that is saying that the sale price is very low, no?

There are few people who are in the market to pay £14k on a near-new bike, but as is shown in PCP take-up figures...... there are plenty who will spend £4K more (in principal) - if paying by monthly instalment.

That’s the reality of the world of PCPs

Back
Top Bottom