Put A Value On This For Me Please

@developer;selling in winter with the updated 2019 a month or so off you will get hosed...what I would do park it and look forward for spring and give yourself and the bike another chance.After 15 years off and only 1300 miles you have not gelled or got back into it.The GSA is a great bike and what is better than motorcycling ?!
Do a trackschool or make a nice trip through the alps and you have the answer if you got back into motorcycling or want to sell it as you can always give it away !
As you can always trade it on the new 1250 which might get you more exited...;)
As for the simpler and older stuff that is "more fun"...that is definitely a lie as times past have gone by.There is no better road bike than a GS especially if you like to go fast in the twisties !

As for the simpler and older stuff that is "more fun"...that is definitely a lie as times past have gone by.There is no better road bike than a GS especially if you like to go fast in the twisties !

Do you just dream this up as you go along, the GS in a good road bike, and comfortable, but there are many other bikes out there that do the job just fine also.

I sold my 1200wc gsa and bought an old 1150GSA. Ok it’s no where near as good in most respects and certainly not as fast or comfy for rider or pillion but it’s still a bike and it’s pretty good fun, the 1200GSA is a big beast and personally I found overkill unless doing serious touring. It wasn’t a bike I just wanted to ride as much as I respected it, it was a polished performer. I don’t know if it’s a bike to light your fire in my own experience, I can’t really say I miss mine I wasn’t riding it much and I think I preferred the 2014 standard GS TE I had as it was reviver, before they changed the engine.

Don’t give up on biking, as others have said try a different tack?

I sold my 1200wc gsa and bought an old 1150GSA. Ok it’s no where near as good in most respects and certainly not as fast or comfy for rider or pillion but it’s still a bike and it’s pretty good fun, the 1200GSA is a big beast and personally I found overkill unless doing serious touring. It wasn’t a bike I just wanted to ride as much as I respected it, it was a polished performer. I don’t know if it’s a bike to light your fire in my own experience, I can’t really say I miss mine I wasn’t riding it much and I think I preferred the 2014 standard GS TE I had as it was reviver, before they changed the engine.

Don’t give up on biking, as others have said try a different tack?

Yep bang on, if the shoe does not fit, try another....:D

What was the valuation???

And getting back on track has the OP sold for the price he can accept??

What was the valuation???

And getting back on track has the OP sold for the price he can accept??

The mind is a funny thing - in the middle of the night I wake thinking I should let it go, then during the waking hours I get quite excited about owning/riding my racing red GSA, though I haven't been out on it for a while, for varying reasons.

I take on board all the advice about winter and the new model, but it's not a monetary driven decision (he says, waiting to be flamed) :D

Flip flop flip flop.

The mind is a funny thing - in the middle of the night I wake thinking I should let it go, then during the waking hours I get quite excited about owning/riding my racing red GSA, though I haven't been out on it for a while, for varying reasons.

I take on board all the advice about winter and the new model, but it's not a monetary driven decision (he says, waiting to be flamed) :D

Flip flop flip flop.

I would let it stay in the garage until next spring at least, all you will get in winter are tyre kickers, if it aint about the money, then keep it yourself, even a few hundred miles a year is still fun, and if you have your bike you can do it when you feel you want to.

It’s bollocks, that’s what it is. ;)

It is indeed total bollocks. The price of second hand goods has everything to do with supply and demand, and nowt to do with the tax paid as part of the price.

Silver bullion attracts VAT (unlike gold), but even if the price stayed stable over the time in which you bought and sold you'd be able to sell it at 97% plus of what you paid for it (assuming you bought from a regular dealer).

I've had my GS a year now and covered over 10,000 miles I ran it in on a camping trip to Yorkshire amd back. What I'm trying to say is riding to the local bike meet or a circuit around here doesn't interest me much and come mid November I imagine like last year it'll be stood in the shed until my first jaunt to Beddgelert third weekend in February then it'll be stood up again til mid March I imagine.

So basically all my trips as in other years have been with the BMW club or trips to Europe on my own.This year I went to the Dordogne in May then Poland Auschwitz Krakow and Prague September . So maybe the answer is to actually go for a decent trip to regain your enthusiasm and to gell with your bike. I've visited so many European countries that I know I'd never have visited had it not been for a motorbike.

I wish you well what ever you decide

I've had my GS a year now and covered over 10,000 miles I ran it in on a camping trip to Yorkshire amd back. What I'm trying to say is riding to the local bike meet or a circuit around here doesn't interest me much and come mid November I imagine like last year it'll be stood in the shed until my first jaunt to Beddgelert third weekend in February then it'll be stood up again til mid March I imagine.

So basically all my trips as in other years have been with the BMW club or trips to Europe on my own.This year I went to the Dordogne in May then Poland Auschwitz Krakow and Prague September . So maybe the answer is to actually go for a decent trip to regain your enthusiasm and to gell with your bike. I've visited so many European countries that I know I'd never have visited had it not been for a motorbike.

I wish you well what ever you decide
My thoughts exactly my 66 plate lc tb has just over 12500 on it don't use it every day but when I do I enjoy long trips

I cannot be arsed to post all the ?? post to my statement - my point being if you buy a bike from a dealer and want to sell it back to them - as a trade purchase... go see what they offer.....

bet it's close to - 20% and around 25 pence per mile........

so a 2018 Bike @ £16k with 900 miles on..... buy back - £12,575 - buy back costs and charges say £500 - cost to dealer £13,075 - retail it at £14995 - Profit £1,920 - VAt on Profit to Dealer £384 - COS on Unit say £300 - Dealer Profit £1,600 - Assuming the buyer does not haggle on the £14995 in the first place....

As you will see, dealer buy back has to be profitable....

Selling S/H will be another option - but you need to find a buyer who has a spare £15k and is happy to spend it with you - most like to flock to a dealer for the "experience" and a load more need PCP deals to soften the blow.....so selling privately a sub 1 year old bike is always a risky business.

I cannot be arsed to post all the ?? post to my statement - my point being if you buy a bike from a dealer and want to sell it back to them - as a trade purchase... go see what they offer.....

so a 2018 Bike @ £16k with 900 miles on..... buy back - £12,575 - buy back costs and charges say £500 - cost to dealer £13,075 - retail it at £14995 - Profit £1,920 - VAt on Profit to Dealer £384 - COS on Unit say £300 - Dealer Profit £1,600 - Assuming the buyer does not haggle on the £14995 in the first place....

As you will see, dealer buy back has to be profitable....

Selling S/H will be another option - but you need to find a buyer who has a spare £15k and is happy to spend it with you - most like to flock to a dealer for the "experience" and a load more need PCP deals to soften the blow.....so selling privately a sub 1 year old bike is always a risky business.

Totally agree, about right I would say, better to take a hit & offer it cheap to move it on

8 pages,,,,,,,,,😳
Agree also

Small nick-pick. Second-hand margin VAT on 1,920 profit is £320.06 (SHM VAT being 16.67%).

Good for you...............

Your percentages may be close (for a dealer, but not for private sale/buy) - but the link to VAT is absolute BOLLOX. :rob

But if you can provide absolute accounting proof ————. Fire ahead.

Al

My original post was about dealer buy back - it was a generic statement about the impact cost of selling back to the dealer - nothing more or less than that...so take you shirty attitude and poke it !!:thumb

Good for you...............

Your percentages may be close (for a dealer, but not for private sale/buy) - but the link to VAT is absolute BOLLOX. :rob

But if you can provide absolute accounting proof ————. Fire ahead.

Al

Back
Top Bottom