Put A Value On This For Me Please

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
67 plate GSA - 1300 miles. totally as new and standard except for Dunlop Roadsmart 3's fitted by the dealer before delivery, and frame protectors.

Full luggage, TFT and NAV 6.

Attachments

• 20180131_203554.jpg
    20180131_203554.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 20180131_203624.jpg
    20180131_203624.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 1,286
  • 20180131_203704.jpg
    20180131_203704.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 20180131_203732.jpg
    20180131_203732.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 1,257
Is it a TE?

If so, sell the luggage and Nav separately, and you should get closer to £15-£15.5k for it all, privately, but a dealer will always low ball you.

What’s it worth or what will someone pay!

Anyone can put a value on it ... which I think is £14 ... £14500....... but what someone will write a cheque for is a completely different number.... private punters want a deal.... and dealers want there profit.

Nice bike ... good luck selling :thumb2

As I said, winter's coming.................so you have 3 weeks before the price tumbles:D

Is it a TE?

If so, sell the luggage and Nav separately, and you should get closer to £15-£15.5k for it all, privately, but a dealer will always low ball you.

Yes, it's a TE and registered 23rd Dec 2107, so 9 months old.

I added a MachineArt Avant Fender Extender and a Denali Soundbomb.

Try putting it up for sale at 14k in the for sale section for quick sale, otherwise JB is right winter is coming and more bikes will be on the market.

Isn’t it funny how some people on here downplay values when they’re not selling, yet seem to want top dollar when flogging their own tat!

Isn’t it funny how some people on here downplay values when they’re not selling, yet seem to want top dollar when flogging their own tat!

I've had a look at Autotrader and there are some wide variations on there too.

For a buyer this would be like buying a brand new bike - it is quite literally showroom.

Because of the weather it actually never turned a wheel until May this year, and was stored new in the dealer from December to April as my garage wasn't ready - yu can see that from the photos.

Nobody takes much notice of JB’s valuations, in all honesty:D

Well it is a beauty of a bike, and only you can know, how low you can go with the price, problem is dealers giving out cheap credit lines to clear their older stock, then the winter sellers will be coming in about a month, not the best timing, but it is such a beauty you might get lucky. GLWTS later

Does the warranty transfer to a new owner?

I've recently bought a 2016 GS TE and spent some time looking for the right one. I looked at plenty in dealers and private, I kept an eye on my local BMW dealers but they never seemed to have the right one so I looked at BMW on-line and decided that if somewhere had a minimum of three possibles then it might be worth a ride out to look.

BMW in Rotherham had three and Preston had four so off I went to make a day of it and didn't realise until I started to get serious with the salesman that buying one from a BMW dealer meant getting 2 years Warranty and 2 years BMW Assist.

All of a sudden all the bikes in non BMW dealerships and private sales didn't look so attractive as oddly enough they all want top dollar or very close to it.

I ended up with a cracking deal on a bike at BMW Preston.

The policy covers your BMW bike; therefore any rider will receive assistance if required. No, cover is not transferable between bikes, although if you sell your BMW bike privately then you are able to register the policy to the new owner should you so wish.

Actually bothe the manufacturer 3-year and approved used 2-year warranties are entirely transferable to the new owner. You get the balance of the warranty rather than the full amount, but otherwise rights are the same.
I’ve had mine for sale for a few weeks but I’m going to keep it as it’s not worth losing £5K+ and dealing with idiot tyre-kickers who say they’re definitely interested... then nothing.

Truth is - cheap PCP has destroyed the private used sale market, but only for nearly new bikes. The bargains usually start from 4 year old as BMW dealers don’t want them.

2/10 for effort :D

Just traded mine in may 2016 15500 miles few extras inc 3 piece luggage got 11600 , another main problem selling private is the warranty you only transfer the remaining left from date of purchase if you by from a dealer you will pay more for the bike
but receive BMW 2 year warranty as standard so selling private you have to take this into account and make the price noticeably cheaper

Back
Top Bottom