Uncommanded reboot / not finding satellites

Poley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My Nav VI (latest firmware) has been acting a bit strangely on my current trip. Once or twice a day it reboots itself uncommanded, usually just after I’ve switched the bike on.

Every couple of days, one of these reboots will result in the unit remaining in the ‘acquiring satellites’ stage, and even after waiting for several minutes it won’t acquire. The only way I have found to fix this is to remove the unit from the bike and switch it fully off, then restart. It also seems to take a long time to restart when this happens.

Anyone else seen similar?

Sounds like it's got it's knickers in a twist. Can you do a full reboot on it rather than just a switch off/on?

@UTurnTony what’s the difference? Whenever it has one of its moments, I think it must be doing a full reboot because it has to think for a long time before the screen displays anything.

Start with the easier things.

1. Clean the contact pins etc

2. Check the power supply

3. Check that the device’s battery has a decent charge. Whilst you are at it, whip it out and put it back in again

Report back

Thanks for the suggestions, and apologies for the delay in posting an update - I was in an internet black spot for a while, and since picking up the suggestions I haven't ridden very much.

I used the Nav VI yesterday in the car cradle without any rebooting whatsoever, and it was quick to pick up satellites. I will report back again when I have used it in the bike mount, fingers crossed for more of the same!

Back
Top Bottom