Custom POIs

Mr_Toad

Reaction score
Until I bought my 2016 GS recently that came with a Nav 6 I haven't owned a Garmin before, I have a TomTom Rider on my other bike.

When riding I tend not to have a home to destination route planned, I like to wander about and look at stuff on the way. :)

With this in mind I for a trip to Dorset last weekend I decided to create a POI for my hotel so that, in theory, it would be easy to get directions for the last few miles. I did this in basecamp and selected Lodgings as the type of POI then imported it into the Nav 6.

When I needed it I couldn't find it, it wasn't listed under Lodgings and searching for it by name didn't work. So, having had to do it the long way, address and post code.

When I got to the hotel I had a proper look at the Nav 6 and found the POI for the hotel stored in Custom POIs so part of the problem was my lack of familiarity with the way the Nav 6 works,

What surprised me was that having given it a category of Lodging it didn't put in there and when searching by name it didn't search the Custom POIs.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the way it works and something I need to get used to?

Back
Top Bottom