No harm done luckily, but it was at that point that I lost patience with KTM's piss poor airbox design. Not a cheap solution, but I got a nice free mug, a balsa wood glider and two packets of Haribos thrown into the box :)

Blimey!

Did you go for the 'pod' velocity stacks? Any difference to the ride??

Oh......I'd not come across Powercell before, just been looking at the website, they do some very nice stuff :) And expensive, thanks..................

Sorry for the hijack Paul :D

Andres

Andres

Carry on, I've learnt how to get a nice free mug, a balsa wood glider and two packets of Haribos from this thread so I'm happy :thumb2 :bounce1

Thanks for all the other replies too, most appreciated.

Hi Paul, I have just purchased a 1090 adv R and yes the bike is tall
I don’t have any problems and if I remember correctly you are taller
Than me. The bike feels light and is narrow and very well balanced.
Go for the R otherwise you will probably wish you had. ����

Blimey!

Did you go for the 'pod' velocity stacks? Any difference to the ride??

Oh......I'd not come across Powercell before, just been looking at the website, they do some very nice stuff :) And expensive, thanks..................

Andres

Yes, fitted the pods.

Initially the bike felt less lively, especially as between the soggy paper filter and the pods, I'd fitted a DNA Power Parts filter I had lying around. I'm now thinking there's not much if any difference, but just that the airbox roar is much less.

Yes, fitted the pods.

Initially the bike felt less lively, especially as between the soggy paper filter and the pods, I'd fitted a DNA Power Parts filter I had lying around. I'm now thinking there's not much if any difference, but just that the airbox roar is much less.

.........I think I'd miss that airbox growl.

Funnily enough, and god knows why, it almost disappeared when I fitted my DNA and then returned with a vengeance when I had the bike Hilltop'd :nenau

Andres

I do miss the growl, but would miss my engine running at all more :D

To avoid cluttering up Paul's thread any more, i've updated one of the airbox threads with a couple of pics.

Back
Top Bottom