BMW PCP should I ??

I generally buy my bikes with cash, or a bank loan without an early payment penalty.

I've never ran a loan for it's full term, as always paid it off early.

However, last year Honda did a PCP Deal on a brand new Africa Twin. That really was a no-brainer.

£3200 Dealer Contribution Deposit
£0 Customer Deposit
0% Finance on the £9000 balance over 3 years
£70 pcm payments for 36 months.
£6,300 Final Payment to own the bike
4000 miles allowance per year, 12000 miles total

Now that was a no-brainer...

Not if you ride the bike a lot, I have put 17k on my bike in just over 2 years, 4k a year wouldn't cut it :)

What a load of bollocks

Don't think it is, there was a thread on here earlier in the year, where some insurance companies were reluctant to insure vehicles on PCP, this impacted cars as well. Ridiculous, so they may have stopped that now

Not if you ride the bike a lot, I have put 17k on my bike in just over 2 years, 4k a year wouldn't cut it :)

@ 6ppm sticking extra 10k on the bike ain't going to be a deal breaker.

@ 6ppm sticking extra 10k on the bike ain't going to be a deal breaker.

Exactly. Mine has 6k on, at 11 mths old and will be at 8k in another month. It may have 25k on it by the end of the 3 yr term...so I can just pay of the £6k and then either keep it or part ex it...or obviously pay an £800ish to hand it back. Ten minutes with a pen and piece of paper will have 5at conundrum sussed out. Some folk worry too much. Just ride the thing

I wonder if Honda will do the same offer this year :augie

I wonder if Honda will do the same offer this year :augie

It caused a fuss within the dealer network and a meeting followed, the AF deal being offered by certain dealers was the main agenda.

Would be good if it was too happen again especially on the Sport model, maybe the influx of bikes come sept 2020 may push some deals on the new model !

Don't think it is, there was a thread on here earlier in the year, where some insurance companies were reluctant to insure vehicles on PCP, this impacted cars as well. Ridiculous, so they may have stopped that now

Really that is crap ... I’m in the motor trade and have been since pcp strarted .... never heard of an issue

Absolute bargain, a new bike for less than a few weeks rental over 3 years..
Missed out on that & would like to know how the guys who did the deal are getting on with the AT..

I bought one on this deal last September and the AT DCT has been a great bike. Honda's warranty has proven to be good as well; a local dealer fitted new wheels a couple of weeks ago due to the spokes corroding.

Buy all of your houses outright with cash?

Its got naf all to do with how and when i brought my houses, just giving someone a bit of advice that instead of having a monthly payment he might want to buy a cheaper bike that he can pay outright for hence more money in his pocket. (PS had a ppi check and nothing came up)

I generally buy my bikes with cash, or a bank loan without an early payment penalty.

I've never ran a loan for it's full term, as always paid it off early.

However, last year Honda did a PCP Deal on a brand new Africa Twin. That really was a no-brainer.

Now that was a no-brainer...

Being cynical, its Honda trying to shift bikes they cant get rid of at their normal (inflated?) price.

Dealer told me “PCP is the same as LSD, once you’re on it you’re hooked “

Of course - once you get used to the swanky car/bike on the driveway......... you can never drop back to a 13yr-old Nissan X-trail

Absolute bargain, a new bike for less than a few weeks rental over 3 years..
Missed out on that & would like to know how the guys who did the deal are getting on with the AT..

I did that deal and sold the bike after a trip to Mugello. Great deal but the bike just wasn't for me, under sprung, DCT poor in my opinion, loads of buffeting and wind noise, cheap build quality. I sold a GSA to buy it then part ex'd it for a GSA Rallye.

I did that deal and sold the bike after a trip to Mugello. Great deal but the bike just wasn't for me, under sprung, DCT poor in my opinion, loads of buffeting and wind noise, cheap build quality. I sold a GSA to buy it then part ex'd it for a GSA Rallye.

DCT poor ? Now that's something I haven't heard much, I find it utterly fantastic, much like an auto car, I can't see myself going back to manual.

Dealer told me “PCP is the same as LSD, once you’re on it you’re hooked “

Dealer was wrong then. I bought my Twin Cam on a PCP 5 years ago. Paid the PCP off, bought the bike and haven't done PCP since. Despite the time of year I didn't have to do cold turkey either. :D

I’ve bought multiple vehicles on PCP - some I’ve paid off, others I’ve traded for a new one...

Suits me fine...

Dealer was wrong then. I bought my Twin Cam on a PCP 5 years ago. Paid the PCP off, bought the bike and haven't done PCP since. Despite the time of year I didn't have to do cold turkey either. :D

One swallow, does not a summer - make.

Back
Top Bottom