BMW PCP should I ??

I think the best way forward is to take the PCP, get all the dealer contributions and then pay it off the next day. Did this with my F Pace last year and the missus did the same with a Golf this year. She got a £3K deposit contribution and 3 years free servicing. Paid it off the next day.

If I go for the new GSA it’s goiing to be my first option..

PCP , is just the modern name for Hire/Purchase . a Bank Loan , i would think , does you more good financially .

personally , if i really, really, want something , i will save for it .or sell things i have .

Borrowing money is expensive and i really don't like paying interest .

Been having a read of PCP complaints on some forums.

Lots of people saying they've been missold PCP when they get a bill after handing the car back and can't afford it.

Usually for excess mileage or damage, but also folks who didn't bother getting their brand new Mercedes serviced for 3 years and can't understand why they should have to pay a penalty!

I think the best way forward is to take the PCP, get all the dealer contributions and then pay it off the next day. Did this with my F Pace last year and the missus did the same with a Golf this year. She got a £3K deposit contribution and 3 years free servicing. Paid it off the next day.

If I go for the new GSA it’s goiing to be my first option..

Now that is a clever move. Is there any early redemption penalty?

Yeah! Stick it to the dealers!!!

(They’re known as ‘Stealers’, doncha know.......)

Now that is a clever move. Is there any early redemption penalty?

You pay the standard interest rate on the period you have the pcp for. Legally you have 14 days to cancel any finance taken. This just happens to be one form of said finance.

Here in Ireland we have a 10 day cooling off period. You tick a box to decline the 10 days. What happens if you don’t tick the box? You collect in 10 days. JJH

Here in Ireland we have a 10 day cooling off period. You tick a box to decline the 10 days. What happens if you don’t tick the box? You collect in 10 days. JJH

Or waive your 10 day cooling off period. JJH

What size is the box?

They are VERY clear about your commitments when you sign up - suggest some people just aren’t listening!!!
Been having a read of PCP complaints on some forums.

Lots of people saying they've been missold PCP when they get a bill after handing the car back and can't afford it.

Usually for excess mileage or damage, but also folks who didn't bother getting their brand new Mercedes serviced for 3 years and can't understand why they should have to pay a penalty!

Current deals at the moment are

1250 GS - 36@£169 with a £2550 deposit

1250 TE - 36@£209 with a £3242 deposit

1250 Rallye 36@£219 with a £3441 deposit

1250 Exclusive TE 36@219 with a £3169 deposit

Now i guess theres more wiggle room that can be incorperated into that lot, and i must admit the 1250 GS looks tempting

But you still need to find the deposit - assusming you dont have that free cash, and it really is a pov spec bike

to bring it up to a reasonable spec means another 1.7K of options

Current deals at the moment are

1250 GS - 36@£169 with a £2550 deposit

1250 TE - 36@£209 with a £3242 deposit

1250 Rallye 36@£219 with a £3441 deposit

1250 Exclusive TE 36@219 with a £3169 deposit

Now i guess theres more wiggle room that can be incorperated into that lot, and i must admit the 1250 GS looks tempting

But you still need to find the deposit - assusming you dont have that free cash, and it really is a pov spec bike

to bring it up to a reasonable spec means another 1.7K of options

Poverty spec is just fine

Its got naf all to do with how and when i brought my houses, just giving someone a bit of advice that instead of having a monthly payment he might want to buy a cheaper bike that he can pay outright for hence more money in his pocket. (PS had a ppi check and nothing came up)

And yet you have confirmed it, thanks for letting me know.

Now off you pop

Poverty spec is just fine

If I was buying today - it would be 100% poverty spec.....i'd spend a few hours setting it up for me then job done.....

I have a TE currently and now I've found the settings I like I've not touched it in 1,500 miles.... suspect the next 15,000 will be the same......

If I was buying today - it would be 100% poverty spec.....i'd spend a few hours setting it up for me then job done.....

I have a TE currently and now I've found the settings I like I've not touched it in 1,500 miles.... suspect the next 15,000 will be the same......

.... but I like all my expensive buttons.... a BMW is like a box of warranty chocolates, you never know what you're going to get next.

But I'll have to adjust it all again when I buy it off you at the end of the PCP contract so the buttons were money well spent.

Back
Top Bottom